Why Is There Plastic In My Toothpaste?

Quote:
"I've been seeing these blue particles flush out of patients' gums for several months now," wrote Trish Walraven, a dental hygienist from Texas. So she told a co-worker, consulted with other dental hygienists across the United States and Canada, and identified the source of the mysterious plastic microbeads. In a March 4, 2014 blog entry called Crest Toothpaste Embeds Plastic in Our Gums, Walravern described what she learned - and called the makers of Crest "sneaky".
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks for the share! I switched to Patanjali products and have been using the 'Dant Kanti Manjan / Paste' for years now. Couldn't have been happier.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: Someone gotta study these 'health drinks' as well; the kids are being fed with.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Most of these health drinks of the ilk of Horlicks is full of hype (not nutrition) a la 'fair and handsome'.
    Most of the nutrition comes from the milk in the formula or the milk used to constitute the drink. There is enough Calcium and other nutrients in the normal milk, curd and other food. Most of these drink additives are only for flavour. (Lip smacking 'smart' kids)
    If flavouring is needed there is plenty of natural ones like badam, cardamom, kesar and such.
    If some one wants to indulge their children with such flavored fantasies, they should be free to do it. If mineral supplements are really needed there are much cheaper generic multivitamin-mineral tablets available.
    Not with a view to improve scholastic or sports performance. Stick to milk and water.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

OPPO Electronics Corp., one of the leading manufacturers in electronics from China, has added not one but two jewels to its glowing crown at a global launch event held in...
When we look back in time, we can't refrain from admitting that HP has the lion's share in putting an ink-jet printer in every household and office space. Now it...
simba1992 submitted a new project: Spy Robotic Vehicle - Spy robot that can climb stairs This is a strong robotic vehicle which can climb stairs , having a camera which...
Pansonic has strengthened its line of powerful toughpads with a new 7-inch tablet named 'Panasonic Toughpad FZ-B2', introduced as the company's most flexible Android-powered business tablet yet. As we take...
I would like to purchase few linux stickers for my laptop. Something like : https://www.unixstickers.com/index.php?route=product/search&filter_name=KDE The shipping charge is at peak. So, it would be better if I purchase same...