Why is a Rolex Watch So Expensive?

Quote:
Tiny components, premium materials, special tools and special talents. This is the formula for making a distinctive, and expensive, Rolex Submariner wristwatch. Watch this video to see what it takes to produce one of these timekeeping masterpieces.
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think these must be preserved as I really think they will be extinct in the next 20 years. Smartphones and now the smartwatches will replace them.
  • lal
    lal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think these must be preserved as I really think they will be extinct in the next 20 years. Smartphones and now the smartwatches will replace them.
    No, that won't happen. It is something which defines class, in a way. It indeed is special. With not much touch of so called smartness and electronics, but mostly the marvel of mechanics, engineering and skill! It is delicate, special and awesome and will stay that way.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: Scientists from the Universities of Bristol and Sussex worked in conjunction with Ultrahaptics to develop a new tractor beam that can lift and move small objects using acoustic holograms....
stolen mobile tracking system
Guys new to CE.. Need some help to get ideas for my project in IT fld..!! i m in 2 yr.. 😀
Maninder Singh Kumar Convergence Artist Nisha Subramaniam Life Coach Col. Sampat Administrator Human Resources ONE STOP SHOP Engineers only ! I am an Electronics engineer and today am a wood...
Dear Sir, I got placed in L&T Infotech. I am of 2015 batch.Presently, I am waiting for the dates. My friends who are undergoing training there told me its difficult...