Why I Think Moon Landing Was Faked By NASA [Video]

I've been one of those 'idiots' who believe that NASA 'mooned' everyone into believing that man actually landed on the moon. Everyone laughs at the conspiracy theorists, but no one comes with a proof that can shut our mouths.

I finally stumbled upon this recent video (from 2013) that might be of interest to all the space enthusiasts. Do check it out (worth watching all of it!)

There are lot of points in the video I'd like to discuss with anyone who's interested. I believe it'd be an interesting discussion; worth 'wasting' our time on. What say? Shall we?

Replies

• Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    Yes, even I believe that moon landing was fake. Couldn't watch the full video right now, but will definitely watch it sometime later. Thanks for sharing, this could be a treat!
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I believe. I have had discussions with our own space people.

Moon Landing Conspiracy Theories
  • Joy Gracia
    Joy Gracia
    Me too believe that "Moon landing " by NASA is fake.....haven't watched the video..but soon i will...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A.V.Ramani
    I believe. I have had discussions with our own space people.

Moon Landing Conspiracy Theories
    Interesting! What do ISRO people have to say about this?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    All the senior people I discussed with do believe that the landings took place.
  • micheal john
    micheal john
    once i saw a Documentary about this conspiracy. In that they were two groups, one group supports landing on moon wiht scientific evidence of landing on moon and another defends against it.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Personally i don't know which side to support?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Why are common people always at the receiving end of such conspiracy theories that leaves them with not enough data easily available to help them support a theory or discard it.
    System = Big Fail.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    On Christmas day I am meeting many of the senior space scientists (retired now) who were active during the years of moon landing. I shall have a round of discussions and revert here.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A.V.Ramani
    On Christmas day I am meeting many of the senior space scientists (retired now) who were active during the years of moon landing. I shall have a round of discussions and revert here.
    That'd be very nice of you, sir. There are questions that haven't been unanswered. I'll pick up top 5 questions; which haven't been answered very satisfactorily.

Alternatively, if time permits - you could check the video I shared. It raises several of those questions.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'll pick up top 5 questions; which haven't been answered very satisfactorily.
    I may not be able to spend that much time on the video right now, though I do plan to see it a bit later. What are these 'Famous Five'?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    An update.
    Had a get together after a long time with ISRO friends. The group included a former director of VSSC, director of SHAR and director of TERLS. The former heads of the Rocket Fabrication Facility, the Advanced Polymer Materials Division, Carbon Fibre Division and Toolroom were also there. I had interacted with every one of them since 1980.

All without exception categorically accepted the landings as correct. They also said that every apparent contradiction would not and did not stand detailed scrutiny.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    My bad! I really missed this change 😔 . Should have compiled my list of questions. Totally got off my mind.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, I think it's never too late to discuss things. The biggest thing that makes me suspicious is the presence of Van Allen Radiation Belts. In the following video about the upcoming Orion Space Craft, NASA engineer says that they are 'yet to solve the problem' of passing through the Van Allen Radiation belts [proven to be lethal to humans and even the on-board electronics]. (Skip to 3:30+)

Well, why is it a problem if they already solved it back with the technology available in 1969? Why is the Van Allen Radiation belt even a 'big' problem?

PS: Those who do not know - the Van Allen Radiation belts start at an altitude of 1000 miles and extend up to 60,000 miles. The ISS, FYI operates altitude of ~451 Km.

Apollo missions were the only ones when humans passed through these belts and no other human mission so far (since 1969) have crossed these belts. Wikipedia article says that the exposure of the belt was short-timed for the astronauts and that's why they survived (really)?.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update, I'm quoting the PDF available on NASA website:PDF

Some people believe that the Apollo moon landings were a hoax because astronauts would have been instantly killed in the radiation belts. According to the US Occupation Safety and Health Agency (OSHA) a lethal radiation dosage is 300 Rads in one hour. What is your answer to the 'moon landing hoax' believers?

Note: According to radiation dosimeters carried by Apollo astronauts, their total dosage for the entire trip to the moon and return was not more than 2 Rads over 6 days.
    The total dosage for the trip is only 11.4 Rads in 52.8 minutes. Because 52.8 minutes is equal to 0.88 hours, his is equal to a dosage of 11.4 Rads / 0.88 hours = 13 Rads in one hour, which is well below the 300 Rads in one hour that is considered to be lethal.
    Also, this radiation exposure would be for an astronaut outside the spacecraft during the transit through the belts. The radiation shielding inside the spacecraft cuts down the 13 Rads/hour exposure so that it is completely harmless.
    Alright, then. Why is it a problem now?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Yes, ionizing radiation is a hazard. However, it is used in various ways in medicine. I am not too up on van Allen belt's dosage, nor what shielding the space vessel has. While I shall try to dig deeper into that it is quite on the cards that the time of exposure of the Lunar Landers to the radiation was small enough not to have killed them both on the way out and in.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Our kids, will probably have a conspiracy theory to believe that we never landed on a comet. It will be easier for them to trust these conspiracy theories because they would be "contemporary", while the event of comet landing will be well in the past for nobody in their generation to have witnessed. But, we don't doubt that event one bit. We have seen that happen - live! The same goes for us about the Moon landings. I suppose all those who were "present" in 1969, are less likely to find the landings fake.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Alright, so the debate is still on. The Moscow Times has reported that Russia's Investigative Committee Spokesperson has called for an International probe for 'murky details' surrounding the Moon Landings by NASA. Here's a piece on the topic in Washington Times: NASA moon landing conspiracy returns: Russian official calls for global investigation - Washington Times . Check out the second-last paragraph that says NASA said that the 'original moon landing tapes got erased'. I searched the Internet and found this: #-Link-Snipped-#

Frankly speaking, with computers just half as powerful as my current smartphone; I really doubt they really landed on the moon.

The only thing that will make me shut my mouth is a third party, unedited photograph of the moon landing site that shows the left-overs. If life offers me a chance, we'll send a robot to moon to capture the photos of the landing site!

What say you?
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Lunar Laser Ranging Experiment

What Neil & Buzz Left on the Moon | Science Mission Directorate

Even so, it is hard to make conspiracy theorists believe. Thay always have an "easy" question as a back up, after all they do not have to "prove" anything.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Shashank Moghe
    Lunar Laser Ranging Experiment

What Neil & Buzz Left on the Moon | Science Mission Directorate

Even so, it is hard to make conspiracy theorists believe. Thay always have an "easy" question as a back up, after all they do not have to "prove" anything.
    Isn't it true that MIT was able to bounce Ruby laser's off the moon's surface in 1962 without those reflectors?
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Yes they did.

Looking at the sites of reflectors:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

and a paper published on the data collected post-reflector installations:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

This published paper might lend support
    #-Link-Snipped-#

As I said, there is always a question coming, from the back up reserve.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Every few years or months, we see the news that recession in the global markets is leading to massive layoffs in the top companies across domains - IT, manufacturing, retail,...
The physics and chemistry of weight loss: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...hint-the-fat-fairy-is-not-involved/?tid=sm_fb
Quote More than 600 engineers, scientists and educators attended NIDays 2014, hearing from guest speakers, including Mark Miodownik, Professor of Materials and BBC Broadcaster. Delegates experienced more than 40 in-depth...
Google's planning to setup its own campus in the city of Hyderabad and expected to sign an MoU with the government of Telangana in the next few days. The Google...
The superstitious belief “bad news always comes in threes” has been proven right at this time of the year. First we had the mega Sony Pictures hack which was followed...