Why do leading IT MNCs keep eligibility criteria of 60% aggregate?

Why do software MNCs want Freshers with 60% aggregate throughout 10th & 12th?

Replies

• Bhavna k
    Bhavna k
    Bhavna k
    Why do leading software it mnc want Freshers with 60% aggregate throughout 10th & 12th?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Bhavna k
    Why do software MNCs want Freshers with 60% aggregate throughout 10th & 12th?
    The main reason is that they want to filter out the candidates. India produces engineers in bulk - ~7,00,000 per year from various disciplines and it's not possible for companies to really make everyone appear for the recruitment test. That's the main reason they keep 60% cutoff to screen the candidates. It allows them to ease the whole recruitment process by allowing only the consistent performers.
  • Bhavna k
    Bhavna k
    But sir if the candidates really want to sit for the placements of leading it companies what do they do?
  • Bhavna k
    Bhavna k
    Does percentage tells how talented a person is?
  • Bhavna k
    Bhavna k
    This is the common barrier that they face even if they had scored 74% during B.tech they are not able to sit because of their low marks during 12th.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Bhavna k
    But sir if the candidates really want to sit for the placements of leading it companies what do they do?
    'Really want to sit'; well, everyone without a job would want the company to give them 'just one chance' to prove themselves. But think from a company's perspective. Does it really make sense for them to evaluate everyone in the college? Would it not be saving of resources including time and efforts if they only pick the candidates who are consistent performers?

That's why the 60% criteria has been put up. You may argue that it could be 50% or even less; but that's what most of the companies have agreed for.

Bhavna k
    Does percentage tells how talented a person is?
    Of course not. In fact, talent has got nothing to do with school or college education. Talents are something, I believe, you are born with, or acquire from various sources - not necessarily from regular subjects taught in college or school.

But the companies do not hire on the basis of 'talent'. They are looking for specific skills - technical know-how, ability to be a team player, ability to learn and they tend to look at your past performance based to 'screen' the candidates.

Bhavna k
    This is the common barrier that they face even if they had scored 74% during B.tech they are not able to sit because of their low marks during 12th.
    I guess yes. I'm not sure whether all of them want 60% + score after 10th.

PS: All that said, there's something you can definitely do to get the recruiter's attention. Have you done anything exceptional - like developing an entire project in the choice of your favorite language? Something that shows your skills and proficiency in a programming language? Something that will immediately catch the attention of the recruiters that will make them want to make an exception to hire you? If you have, I'd strongly recommend that you should go and talk to the recruiters and ask them to give you a chance to see your work.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I need some Creative and/or Innovative Project Ideas on Collaborative filtering (CF). I mean something that's not yet done? Or any good project ideas regarding CF. 😀 Thanks in Advance....
If asked then some people are comfortable to tell,while some don't want to share it with interviewer. Is it held as negative if we don't tell our weaknesses?
Is there great career for fresher android developers in leading it MNC? I have completed my btech in comp. Sci. I am also interested in android development but I am...
@Kaustubh Katdare Hello sir, I am a 2015 passout in Computer Science.. i ve completed my engineering with first class aggregate. but the problem is i dont actually know what...
I have done my 6 months training in android.and since that I have not coded again?I am on the verge of getting isolated with android.can u suggest something worth doing.