Why do computer engineers get annoyed when someone asks "Can you fix my computer?"

Why do computer science people get annoyed when someone asks: "Can you fix my computer?"

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    They feel too egoist for a Heart surgeon to give medicine for cough and cold.๐Ÿ˜˜
    They want to troll like you are using the machine and you don't know the basics.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I don't actually hate it. I enjoy it when the problem is easy to solve. I just type a few random commands on the terminal so that people think I'm doing something REALLY GEEKY and then I just fix the problem and reboot from terminal.

...and I enjoy all the respect and appreciation.
  • Sharfudeen Mohamed Ibrahim
    Sharfudeen Mohamed Ibrahim
    They feel like elite and you don't even know the basics and they get annoyed.

If someone asked me, sure i'll be get annoyed (actually i'll solve those problems by google ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜)
  • KenJackson
    KenJackson
    I'll tell you what I find really, really, really frustrating. Someone will say they're having a problem with email, so I ask if they're using an email program like Mozilla Thunderbird or Windows Outlook, or if they're accessing their email online with their browser. And they don't know. (How is it possible to not know?)

Worse, I try to give them some hints by asking them what they do to see their email. Do they click on an icon? What icon? Do they login? Is the login a popup or a page in the browser. They don't know. (How is it possible to not know?)

Then they respond negatively to the frustration I can't hide. That's even more frustrating.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Tata Motors is all geared up for the launch of its newest hatchback - The Tata Zica - in January 2016 and the company has unveiled its first official images...
Hiii guys, Udan Media and Communications Pvt Ltd. Is ready to organize the fifth edition of MachAutoExpo-2016 a unique and most trustworthy Event to be held from 11th to 15th...
Hello and a very good day! I am Debasmita Banerjee (in short Demi) a third year undergraduate engineering student majoring in Applied electronics and instrumentation. From here on I would...
Hi guys.... My name is Tomson.. A devil from God's own country.. I'm also a mechanical engineer, nerd, a pretty good driver(I'm being modest; I'm awesome ), an incurable bookworm,...
hi every one, this is dheena from chennai. thinks about chennai flood and how we can safe people from flood in upcoming year