Who Do You Want To See As Moderator On CE?

We're growing our moderator team and this time, we want you to suggest the names of CEans who you'd like to take up the role of moderator on CE. Note that nominations do not guarantee that the CEan will be selected as moderator; but just gives us a hint whether we're in the right direction. We do have a list of probable candidates which we're not outing.

So, post your suggestions below! ๐Ÿ‘

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Of course, you can nominate yourself or suggest more than one names ๐Ÿ˜
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    What is the criteria? and please share the list of nominations!๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There's no criteria. It's a general voting intended to see who our CEans would like to see as a moderator. It could be yourself or anything you think can make sure that CE continues to grow, remains spam free and is active.

We had published a general guide to becoming a moderator on CrazyEngineers long time ago. It still holds valid: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    My Suggestions:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    @ Conqueror
    @ Praveen-Kumar
    @ anoopthefriend
    @ Pensu
  • lal
    lal
    May be it will be better if you list all the names and we can vote. A growing list in which others can add their favourites' names too.

There are quite a lot of able CE-ans out there. Its hard to pick from among them.
  • sksaxena
    sksaxena
    lal
    May be it will be better if you list all the names and we can vote. A growing list in which others can add their favourites' names too.

There are quite a lot of able CE-ans out there. Its hard to pick from among them.
    That is a good and effective way..
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Thank you for tagging me.

here is my list of suggestions:

#-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

including myself
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    A few more questions:

how many new moderators are required ?

In what way will the mods be different from ordinary CEans ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    So far, we've requested our members to take up the moderator roles based on their contribution and the time they spend on CE. Mod's job is no easy job because you need to have a 'cool' mind and maturity to handle complaints from other members.

I already few of the candidates we think would be great fit for moderator role being nominated above; but we won't force anyone to take up mod role. We make a request and only if the member accepts; he/she is chosen to be the moderator.
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    my suggestions are:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    ๐Ÿ‘
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    First of all thanks for the nomination here I am with #-Link-Snipped-# in this issue Biggie publish a list of candidates and let the CEans select their moderator
  • pikachu1994
    pikachu1994
    My suggestion is for these 3 CEans:
    Bioramani
    Conqueror
    Troll_So_Hard
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    My suggestions for moderator are

#-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Excuse me for spamming this thread -
    For those who nominated me and who want to nominate me - Thank you very much for your concern. But I'm anticipatorily withdrawing myself from this responsibility as these days I can not come to CE at least once in 2 months. Hence CEans & #-Link-Snipped-# no need to consider my name ๐Ÿ˜€

Moreover I also want to nominate few CEans :
    1. #-Link-Snipped-#
    2. #-Link-Snipped-#

And All the very best for Gonna be Mods, Keep CE Clean ๐Ÿ‘
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Can't wait to see who are the lucky ones this time! ๐Ÿ‘
    We need people who can keep a watchful eye ๐Ÿ‘€ and can spend most of their time on CE with some coffee to go by. โ˜•
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    I would love to nominate

#-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-# ๐Ÿ‘€

I can be online all day log on CE and keep an eye on the forum activity and reports as I do with another forum.. Anoop is a great choice too

Thanks for the opportunity
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Thanks guys for nominating me.But I am getting busy in some project stuffs.So I am also withdrawing myself for this time and would like to help and contribute CE as much as possible.

For nomination list from me, all the names are already here.All the best to new moderator/s.๐Ÿ‘
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Aye aye hold up ! wait a second. (Grabs the mic) ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Okay, thank you friends for nominating me.Right now I have vacation going on, so I am constantly trolling CE - but after a week once my college starts back, I might not be available.
    You might've noticed that I'm not "cool-minded" & ofcourse I can't handle whiners.
    So, I am withdrawing myself too. (Drops the mic)

We need MODS who can be active during 12am to 8 am (In my opinion) 'cuz whenever I am online at that time I don't see any MOD except some CEans.
    The CEans I usually see during night time are #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# (sadly he withdrawed name) & #-Link-Snipped-#. So, my vote goes to 'em.

Good luck to new moderator ๐Ÿ‘
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Thanks for putting my name up. I am privileged. However I better remain as regualr members rather than a moderator. My profession does not allow me to be online in CE for any longer period of time. Put in young blood ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘Ž
  • sksaxena
    sksaxena
    Looks like, not many are interested in becoming a CE Moderator. Actually, they might be but on CE, most members are students and can't afford to be online for such a long period of time in a day. So, asking members to vote for other members randomly hasn't proved out to be a good idea. In the very beginning #-Link-Snipped-# requested administrator to publish the list of nominees according to them and then other members can vote for them. This was a good idea. Administrator should clarify with nominee for nomination prior to publishing of list. This could be one way to find moderators.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    When I first joined CE, I wanted to be a Mod, but there wasnt any openings. Now, when CE is looking for Mods, I am too busy. Sorry guys, who want me to be a Mod, this PG work load is too much to handle. I would have vouched for #-Link-Snipped-#, but he too is busy. Other people I know are already Mods. I guess its going to be a tough decision for #-Link-Snipped-#!
  • ErAnushka
    ErAnushka
    What about me? I really love CE ๐Ÿ˜€ I can manage 1 hour per day ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Sorry, count me out as well. I'm a lot busier these days. Would love to moderate this site, but time is limited now!!๐Ÿ˜”

Thanks for voting my name anyways: #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    I'd vote for #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# - there needs to be a mix of young and old blood to balance the equation. All the others I know have withdrawn from the list.

P.S.: #-Link-Snipped-# sir does a lot too, what position should be given to him? Although I feel that a position would not be enough. It's a great honor that we have him with us.

P.P.S.: Once the moderators are selected, I suggest a training be given to the mods to keep CE a cleaner place. #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEans.., i am jayadeep pursuing B.E(ECE) and going to add a tag as graduate in 2014.Me and many of my friends are in lot of confusion that what should...
hi, i got cdac noida for DAC in the 1st counseling but i got many negative responses about it, so i am in a confusion weather to pay 10k and...
What we've seen in movies might just become a reality one day and we'll have a big astroid coming our way to destroy the Earth. What'd you do in such...
sir, we can share our net connection from our phone to laptop through Bluetooth facility(wireless mode)....but why it is not possible in personal computer?
we know that any object which is thrown with a speed of 11.2kmps or greater can overcome the earth's gravitational pull and enters the space....is there any method or any...