Who could resist a name like Crazy Engineers?

Hi everyone,

I was searching through the web for information on joining/ sealing underground precast units and this site came up in one response.

How could anyone not join? What a great place. Just looking around so far but ready to go.

Nemo

Replies

• Elisa
    Elisa
    nemos47
    Hi everyone,

I was searching through the web for information on joining/ sealing underground precast units and this site came up in one response.

How could anyone not join? What a great place. Just looking around so far but ready to go.

Nemo
    Waterproofing engineer! This place is really great!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    nemos47
    Hi everyone,

Nemo
    We all are glad to have you on CE, nemos47 ๐Ÿ˜

Enjoy your stay on CE & keep turning the screws!

-The Big K-
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Welcome to CE, Nemo! What else does a waterproofing engineer do?
  • LORD_EC
    LORD_EC
    @ash
    Waterproofing is a method by which an item is made resistant to damage by water. It is used in many areas, including clothing, civil engineering.
    It also includes use of polymers for making substances that can control leakage/crack.
    I think now the work of waterproofing engineer is clear.It is a combination of civil,polymer and chemical engineering.

[this is based on my thinking.If i am wrong then please correct me]
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Waterproofing engineer..great (Y)

Welcome ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    LORD_EC
    @ash
    Waterproofing is a method by which an item is made resistant to damage by water. It is used in many areas, including clothing, civil engineering.
    It also includes use of polymers for making substances that can control leakage/crack.
    I think now the work of waterproofing engineer is clear.It is a combination of civil,polymer and chemical engineering.

[this is based on my thinking.If i am wrong then please correct me]
    Ah, thanks man! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • nemos47
    nemos47
    What is a waterproofing engineer?

Let me count the ways....

I am primarily in the construction field and here a waterproofing engineer will have input to any project from the deep basements and underground tunnels to the roof top and everything in between. Walls, decks, balconies, car parks, plant rooms, kitchens, saunas, gyms etc.

We use many types of different products as well as design principles to configure solutions.

Basically it is stopping water from gaining access whether by liquid or vapour to those areas where we don't want it and vice versa by containing water ( or other materials) in storage vessels. The range is enormous.
    Right down to stopping your windows or shower leaking!

Lots of fun.
  • waterjunk
    waterjunk
    i was googling for 'final year project suggestions' for mechatronics and i found this place. really, who can resist a name like this lol
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hm, I wonder if "Final Year Project" is embedded in the metadata of this forum for search engines to find so easily ๐Ÿ˜‰ just kiddin..

@Nemos. Come to think of it, waterproofing engineering does sound fun ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Hm, I wonder if "Final Year Project" is embedded in the metadata of this forum for search engines to find so easily ๐Ÿ˜‰ just kiddin..

@Nemos. Come to think of it, waterproofing engineering does sound fun ๐Ÿ˜€
    ๐Ÿ˜

No, it is not. In fact, we have done zero SEO & zero efforts to advertise CE during last 3 months. CE is growing by the word of mouth. Statistics show that during last 32 days, More than 500 new members have joined.

I wonder if there's a secret team that is working on promoting CE ๐Ÿ˜‰

-The Big K-
  • LORD_EC
    LORD_EC
    @Big_k
    The boom started after my joining.You can verify this.So a lucky member can fetch 500 members.
    Lol.
    Just kidding..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    [Bumps] ๐Ÿ˜

How many of you got registered here just because you couldn't resist the name? ๐Ÿ˜
  • gohm
    gohm
    Well, I have been walking up & down the highway waving to cars in my CE shirt... lol

The_Big_K
    ๐Ÿ˜

No, it is not. In fact, we have done zero SEO & zero efforts to advertise CE during last 3 months. CE is growing by the word of mouth. Statistics show that during last 32 days, More than 500 new members have joined.

I wonder if there's a secret team that is working on promoting CE ๐Ÿ˜‰

-The Big K-
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    The_Big_K
    [Bumps] ๐Ÿ˜

How many of you got registered here just because you couldn't resist the name? ๐Ÿ˜
    I was searching for something(i do not remember what) on google and somehow got here. The forum looked kind of groovy to me. And now i am a member ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Come on Raj, admit you were searching for project ideas on google ๐Ÿ˜‰ No shame in confessing! ๐Ÿ˜›

lol @ gohm
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    ash
    Come on Raj, admit you were searching for project ideas on google ๐Ÿ˜‰ No shame in confessing! ๐Ÿ˜›

lol @ gohm
    No, I was not as I am already working on a project. We are making a hybrid car that uses fuel cell as the second source of power. I was searching for something related to my course. ๐Ÿ˜Ž What about your Bot project. I suppose you will use the same bot for the google lunar x.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Whoops, my bad ๐Ÿ˜‰ Good luck with the hybrid car!

And, its OUR bot project, not mine ๐Ÿ˜€ We'll see how it goes..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi friends.... I thot of preparing for GRE... I want to kno abt the new GRE pattern.... pls help me...
plz..... let me know about computer science engg seminar topics for final year students. plzzzzzzz................ suggest some good topics
Hii for all Crazy Engineers here i'm builing a CNC Software using Parallel Port to Interface steppers... how can i make a fast switching - 3 MHZ for example-on the...
CEans, I wonder if we've discussed such a problem on CE. I'm sure we've lots of motorcycle enthusiasts here. My motorcycle sports a nice Disk Brake. Unfortunately, it has stopped...
Here is a series, can anyone find the next string of the series below? 1 11 21 1211 111221 ? Regards, CEAN ๐Ÿ˜€.