Who compiles the compiler ?

I have one doubt regarding when a compiler is used for compiling the program code written in some particular programming language then it must be also written in some programming language , so then who actually compiles the code written in the compiler .

Also in which file format does the compiler exists?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The first compiler for a language must be compiled either by hand or by a compiler written in a different language.

It can be compiled by running the compiler in an interpreter.
  • pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    More recently, the focus has shifted towards use of low level programming languages(better known as system programming) in order to design and compile the compiler.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Search for YACC , it may answer some of your doubts. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am facing problem while constructing PDA for the language where we have no of a's =twice no of b's . I am not getting here that if say the...
Intex Technologies is back in the game to compete the likes of Xiaomi and OnePlus, its two big Chinese competitors, by introducing a brand new power bank with 6000 mAh...
Take a look at seven robots that made an impact in 2015. These robots from 2015 will blow you away. https://machinedesign.com/gallery/recent-robots-2015?eid=forward#slide-0-field_images-47961
Hi, I m into 3rd year of my engineering now. I got year back in 2nd year. Am I eligible for writing GATE exam?? Because my course gets to duration...
What is the physical significance of power spectral density? If it represents power content in a given frequency, then its integration over frequency must give the 'total' power of the...