Which technical field to choose?

Hi I am working as a network engineer for an MNC. But I don't want to pursue networking as my carrier option, want to switch my technology. Can anyone suggest which technology can I shift to? I don't want to go for coding or testing. I have 3 years of experience in Networking and CCNA certified.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sandipan Paul
    Can anyone suggest which technology can I shift to? I don't want to go for coding or testing.
    It's difficult to say. There are so many options available. I think the starting point to find out answer to your question would be to know if you've considered any options.
  • Sandipan Paul
    Sandipan Paul
    Hi Kaustubh Katdare thanks for your response...I am thinking of something related to database management....but I am not sure how and where to start with...
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    If you want to like into DBMS as a career option, sharpen your skills in one of the two main frameworks.
    • .Net, C# and SQL Server
    • Oracle and Java
    Do some certification in one of these fields and you are sure to land up in DBMS soon
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Welcome to Crazyengineers #-Link-Snipped-# . Now, When you have decided to switch to newer technology how about starting with those technologies (i.e #-Link-Snipped-#) which will also count your previous experience & in the same time are different from Networking rather than choosing a totally new domain.
  • Sandipan Paul
    Sandipan Paul
    #-Link-Snipped-# thanks for the info.... Can you tell me some certifications that will help...and is it be a good option in joinning into some of the institutes like NIIT...??
  • Sandipan Paul
    Sandipan Paul
    #-Link-Snipped-# thanks nice suggestion...but what is the scope of VMware..??are there good job options..??and how can I start ..??do I have to join some institution and do some courses on it..??
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Sandipan Paul
    scope of VMware
    Please refer '#-Link-Snipped-#'.

Sandipan Paul
    how can I start
    Start with 'Cloud Computing Overview' , then '#-Link-Snipped-#' & Finally '#-Link-Snipped-#' 😀

All the Best.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

is there any criteria for the 12th board result..?? will my 12th board result hinder in my admission to iits if somehow i qualify the gate exam?
Hi All, Could anyone suggest me which one would be the best domain for selecting a topic for seminar out of 1. Digital 2. Cloud 3. Internet of Things 4....
Is networking field good for girls? If yes what track or specializations they should take in CCNA and CCNA?
A compilation of ideas to celebrate engineers day at your college or at workplace. You may organize these simple events, competitions, quizzes and challenges easily.
These days due to global warming we are not left with an option and we have to get our rooms fitted with air conditioners. It has been several years that...