Which Sport have you 'tried' till date?

So, it's been almost a week since my friends and I last stepped into Gold Souk Mall, Kochi and the Rifle Shooting Games over there really caught our attention. Infact one of my friends just bought a Marshall Air Gun with about 500 pellets right the next day. Now, my next roomie is also ready to buy his gun.

So this caught me thinking: How many of us here at CE have really atleast 'just tried' some of these off-popular sports?

To find out, I'm creating this multiple choice Poll to see which off-popular sport was tried the most, and the least by our CEans.

Do share in comments when/where/why you tried it, and also if it's not on the poll, mention what other sport you've tried.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've done Snorkelling, Scuba Diving, Roller Skating. Totally enjoyed Scuba Diving and always enjoyed skating.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    By the way, I might do Base Jumping some day. πŸ˜’
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Tagging few more CEans to see what they've tried.
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#

Also looking forward to wisdom from #-Link-Snipped-# sir
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    I have done only ice, roller skating out of the above mentioned list and both the sports are fun doing.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Nothing but Roller-skating.
    However Scuba-diving & Sky-diving is in my wishlist, which I wanna push it from wishlist to Achievements list of my diary asap.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Rajni Jain
    I have done only ice, roller skating out of the above mentioned list and both the sports are fun doing.
    Any other sport you've tried that's not on the list? I can add it. πŸ˜‰
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    ALL of them are on my bucket list.

Have tried my hand at both (rifle) shooting and archery at a camp organized at Bhonsala Miltary School when I was 18. We did it as a practice on all 7 days. The trainers were really strict and made us reach the goals every single day.

Other than that, from your list I've tried snooker & skating, but am terrible at both. Hope to learn each someday.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    I've tried Snooker (Pool), ice-Skating and recently Shooting. Want to do Sky-Diving someday.
  • lal
    lal
    Roller-Skating

Wishlist
    1. Sky diving
    2. Skiing
    3. Surfing
    4. And the best - Drive in WRC (a pure wish)

😁
  • Joy Gracia
    Joy Gracia
    really a sad fact....i have not even tried one from your list...Being interested in athletics i just remained as an audience in all such events..
    Apart from these i have played volleyball and badminton..
    PS:i am not good at sports comparing to studies..
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Done:
    Archery
    Snooker/Pool -Favorite time pass in team outingsπŸ˜€

In my list:
    Skydiving,
    Scuba diving
    Leh on bike

Being from a village I have played in quite a offbeat games, only villagers can play😁
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Joy Gracia
    really a sad fact....i have not even tried one from your list...Being interested in athletics i just remained as an audience in all such events..
    Apart from these i have played volleyball and badminton..
    PS:i am not good at sports comparing to studies..
    So you've taken Studying as a sport?
  • Joy Gracia
    Joy Gracia
    Anoop Mathew
    So you've taken Studying as a sport?
    πŸ˜’ ya you can also mean in such a way😨
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I havent had a chance to enjoy these above mentioned sports but i love archery and shooting. Hope to do it soon
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Anoop Mathew
    Also looking forward to wisdom from #-Link-Snipped-# sir
    Wisdom? I have done some quite unwise things.
    I used to climb various multistory buildings of the Andhra University just holding on to the small projections in the granite wall. Never learnt swimming. Yet I used to get into deep water and had to be pulled out or as it happened on a lone trek in Andhra Varsity got pulled of the coast by a current. I am sensible enough not to panic and the current brought me back to shore quite some distance away. I must be the only one to be rescued from drowning in every South Indian state (Twice at Andhra). Worst was at Aruvikkara Dam on Vishu day in 1980.
    Did a bit of rock climbing in the hills around Andhra University.

Hope to do some para gliding before going all the way up (on a one way ticket). Though other engineers consign us ChemEs to the Warm Place.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A.V.Ramani
    I used to climb various multistory buildings of the Andhra University just holding on to the small projections in the granite wall.
    ...like a Spider Man? 😨
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anyone wants to try this? -

😎
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ...like a Spider Man?
    That is right. I have always been thin. Used to be called 'camel' though.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    A.V.Ramani
    Wisdom? I have done some quite unwise things.
    I used to climb various multistory buildings of the Andhra University just holding on to the small projections in the granite wall. Never learnt swimming. Yet I used to get into deep water and had to be pulled out or as it happened on a lone trek in Andhra Varsity got pulled of the coast by a current. I am sensible enough not to panic and the current brought me back to shore quite some distance away. I must be the only one to be rescued from drowning in every South Indian state (Twice at Andhra). Worst was at Aruvikkara Dam on Vishu day in 1980.
    Did a bit of rock climbing in the hills around Andhra University.

Hope to do some para gliding before going all the way up (on a one way ticket). Though other engineers consign us ChemEs to the Warm Place.
    πŸ˜›πŸ‘

I've updated the poll. You can mark those sports that you've tried.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anyone wants to try this? -

😎
    Check out the Most Insane Ski Line ever!!!
  • Joy Gracia
    Joy Gracia
    Anoop Mathew
    πŸ˜›πŸ‘

I've updated the poll. You can mark those sports that you've tried.
    Tree climbing...?
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Joy Gracia
    Tree climbing...?
    In India, that's kind of popular. Besides, I've narrowed to just 15 as Poll limit is 15 entries.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    looking forward for snorkling,para gliding & skydiving some day. ... Still on THINGS TO DO LIST....

P.S : LEH + RE 350 IS ANOTHER DESPERATE DESIRE.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Actually snooker is one game I never get bored with, Yeah and I am not much familiar with the game but i love to play it with my friends
  • Smiech
    Smiech
    I practice Karate for more than 25 years
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Smiech
    I practice Karate for more than 25 years
    #-Link-Snipped-#, you do look like a stick of dynamite -inoccuous but ready to blow when needed.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    I was PUC college Chess champion and won several in under 16 event. Played state. Was 3rd in VTU chess championship in 2000 and had my college winning the zone that year.

Played club football till tenth. I feel I was decent player. Played, Inter Club finals U/13 in 1993.

Played cricket in Galli and Mohallas, though that is never the game I love. Passionate about Badminton as my brother in Law is currently India number 2 in that sports.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Rupam Das
    I was PUC college Chess champion and won several in under 16 event. Played state. Was 3rd in VTU chess championship in 2000 and had my college winning the zone that year.

Played club football till tenth. I feel I was decent player. Played, Inter Club finals U/13 in 1993.

Played cricket in Galli and Mohallas, though that is never the game I love. Passionate about Badminton as my brother in Law is currently India number 2 in that sports.
    ....and you turned out to be an inventor....who would have thought??? πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ‘

P.S.: bet Albert Einstein is jealous 😁
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Rupam Das
    Badminton as my brother in Law is currently India number 2 in that sports.
    So it runs in the family. He is famous too. What's his name? We might've read about him in the papers & other media.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    #-Link-Snipped-# incidentally he is Maharashtra Number one, plays for Pune
    Subhankar Dey: Home is where badminton is
    Hyderabad are the Hotshots of the IBL - The Hindu
  • Smiech
    Smiech
    A.V.Ramani
    #-Link-Snipped-#, you do look like a stick of dynamite -inoccuous but ready to blow when needed.
    Great Sir, you have been able to capture the essence of this simple, rewarding and beautiful art. Mine too!!
  • Logan Owens
    Logan Owens
    I did running exercises and played football. I love running and I prepare myself for a marathon. And I also experienced new SportsSock, which I bought ,Β which are very comfortable for running. Legs are less tired and it is then easier for them to walk away from running. I really liked them for this kind of sport.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I only know two words in Tamil, but decided to see the movie Lingaa with family. The sub-titles were super-helpful and totally enjoyed the movie Lingaa. I've been a fan...
Google introduced its Cardboard VR headsets at I/O conference earlier in June. Just a folded cardboard with lens but capability of turning a smartphone into Virtual Reality machine has been...
I am just uanble to compute the complexity of this algorithm,please help me out.
Large Hadron Collider (LHC), world’s largest particle collider used to test various theories of particle physics, will resume its working in March 2015. The machine is maintained by European Organization...
LogiNext is a Logistics and Supply Chain company founded in 2013 by Dhruvil Sanghvi, Manisha Raisinghani and Varun Biyani. The services offered by LogiNext can be used by medium and...