Which one is Best for IT Career : Software Development or Networking?

Hi Engineers...!
I am B.Tech(IT) Graduate. Now I'm working as Desktop Support Engineer in IBM Bangalore....
I am in Confusion about my career field because in college timing I'm interested with Programming and Netwoking.....but i didn't get job in those field over 6 months....... so i come there... \
So which one best for the good IT career.....
please reply your valuable suggestion....!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What's better better for you may not be better for others. There cannot be a general classification. People have made great careers in Software Development and Software Networking as well.

If you really want a comparison; you will have to put a few parameters in place so that we can rate each career on various parameters.

In general - it's all about excelling in the career track that you choose.
  • SHISHIR SONEKAR
    SHISHIR SONEKAR
    it simply depends on your interest.
    both software development and networking field is promising as well as interesting career to choose. in software development field opportunities are huge, options are wide eg. DotNet, c c++, java, salesforce.
    while for networking options are bit less.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Networking is one field where experience matters a lot. Software field gives you easy money comparatively.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Starting 5th February, you will be able to buy Moto G online from Flipkart, at an 'exceptional price' - says Flipkart. The official price of the phone in India has...
hi,iam shanawaz,an UG(B.Tech) student in ECE branch from A.P. ,intrested in new things-the word crazyengineers draged me here
Worrying about shattered glass and broken glass shards may well be a thing of past! Researchers are aiming for a glass that does not shatter when dropped but simply bends...
Recently, Google Chrome Dev Channel stacks for Linux were updated adding AURA UI stack & Chrome App Launcher to the latest unstable build. AURA, the graphical stack for Google Chrome,...
What is best for electrical engineer in the future?