Which hardware language to learn in 3rd year B.Tech ECE branch?

Hello people. I'm currently in 3rd year of engineering. I really want to start building up my profile. I know software languages like c,c++,java. But really not interested in going towards software side.so my question is which language should i learn?HOW about starting with Verilog? Plz help

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hello #-Link-Snipped-# Welcome to CrazyEngineers. We are glad you posted your query.

From what I know, any student in ECE branch should start learning the following subject thoroughly:
    1. VHDL
    2. Verilog
    3. Scripting languages: PERL and Shell
    4. DFT.

You should also study all your books related to the topic of Semiconductor Physics. This includes: Digital Design, Analog Design, CMOS, etc.

If your college provides working on tools like Sadence/Synopsys then you can learn that too.

Apart from that, the best man to answer your query is #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    It's good that you started learning about C,C++ and Java.
    As you specifically want to learn Hardware language then yes you should go with any that #-Link-Snipped-# mentioned above. But I would say to start with Verilog might be little easy and more useful for you.
    Above all this you might also want to clear your all basic fundamentals of digital electronics.
  • sid_N7
    sid_N7
    Sir,in 4th year they r going to teach us vlsi...in that I hv seen verilog as the first unit. So should i learn things which I'm.not going to learn at all in college? Like PERL or VHDL? Actually I want to develop skills that others don't have. I mean anyhow everyone is going to learn verilog because it's a mandatory course in college. Soo..how should I go about it?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    #-Link-Snipped-# If you are sure that you will really good or depth knowledge about those from your college then yeah go with the one that is not going to cover in your college. Otherwise I would say go with the same one and make it more solid by that way you may score some really good numbers in exam too.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It seems that besides the usual smartphones, Samsung is also on the launching spree of tablets this year. Just last month it launched the two variants of Samsung Galaxy S2...
Dear Friends, Greetings from Rajasthan. My name is Jasim Chouhan. I am pursuing B.Tech(7th sem) in Information Technology from Rajasthan Technical University. It is a great opportunity for me to...
I don't fall for viral videos, but out of curiosity I watched this one when it appeared on my Twitter Timeline. John Burk—an Internet fitness instructor, motivational speaker and former...
Graphene is the wonder material that continues to surprise researchers worldwide. At its core, it's just a one atom thick layer of carbon atoms that exhibits astonishing properties. For the...
I finished my BE ECE in 2014 and now working in a company abroad But I want to come back to India and Work in a challenging job role in...