Which design software to be learned by mechanical engineers for current trends in design field

Hi,
I am Deepika. Have recently joined this community. I read the forums and pulled me to become part of CRAZY ENGINEERS.
Well, i had few doubts. Right now i am confused with what courses todays mechanical engineers should go for if one is willing to do in the Design sector..

People, i need your suggestions for the same.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Welcome to CrazyEngineers. There are a number of design software to choose from -
    1. Autocad by Autodesk
    2. CATIA (Computer Aided Three-dimensional Interactive Application)
    3. Pro/ENGINEER by Parametric Technology Corporation
    4. SolidWorks by Dassault Systemes
    5. HyperMesh
    6. Unigraphics by UGS (formally Unigraphics Solutions, Inc.)
    7. ANSYS by ANSYS, Inc.
    Each of them are widely used depending on the need of the project. Assuming that you are a beginner in the field, I would suggest to choose the one that aligns with the job that you're doing.

Suggested reading for you -
    Catia vs Solidworks vs Pro/Engineer - Which CAD software do you prefer to learn and why?
    Here: Catia vs Solidworks vs Pro/Engineer - Which CAD software do you prefer to learn and why?

Softwares For Mechanical Engineers: Which one should I learn?
    Read: Softwares For Mechanical Engineers: Which one should I learn?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sr, i waana to make my own robot but i have no idea of making . how am i started to make it. how i manage the whole thing... can...
hi i want to use rfm12 module to send the vote of participantes to a receiver there are 50 transmitters (one for ) the problem is that ,if two person...
Greetings! I have small confusion with IS 2911 (Part 1/ Section 2). I have attached the screen shot of spacing of pile part which I read in IS 2911. Actually...
I got 75% in btech. But my college was not good enough to give us placement. So in order to get job in wch sector should i go ....... I...