Which books are best for C++ and Java studies?

i am studing engineering in E&TC from pune university at sinhgad college I still complited C language and now started study c++ and core Java which books best for c+ and core Java

Replies

• Arijit Banerjee
    Arijit Banerjee
    If you're just a beginner, I'd suggest The Complete References by Herbert Schildt.
    The Complete Reference C++
    Java: The Complete Reference (LATEST EDITION)

I'm from VTU & I have found these books quite helpful. They certainly don't cover everything, but they give you a very good idea about the basics.

These books have plenty of examples that you can try on your own & understand how certain things work

If you find those two books difficult to understand, try E. Balaguruswamy book for C++ & Head First Java

Like I said before, not everything is in the book. So if you want to explore more & have a deeper understanding, there are numerous tutorials available online that are completely free. Then there are YouTube videos that you can have a look at.

Another great learning resource for Java is Oracle documentation. Look them up if you want to seriously build something in Java.

Hope that helps

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

MIT’s media lab has devised an open ended optical fiber based imaging system that requires no extra protective case. Named “optical brush”, this open ended bundle of optical fibers use...
Vivek Venkatachalam, a postdoctoral fellow from Harvard University has devised a microscope that encapsulates neural information into 3D images. This tool is believed to possess the potential to uncover the...
Scientists from the University of California, Berkley along with the Telekom Innovation Laboratories and the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation have launched an application named “MyShake” to give early notifications...
hey ! i am doing my engineering in ece and am in 4th sem. my 10th and 12th percentage is around 62 (first class) but now am my unable to...
Engineers from University of Wisconsin–Madison have developed an unique energy harvesting and storage technology for capturing the energy of human motion to power mobile electronic devices. The energy generated while...