Which book are you reading these days?

Inspired by the "Song you are listening right now', here's a thread for the book lovers.

Just leave the name of the book and author in replies.

A line or two about the book, what you love/hate about it would be great too.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I've started reading - "My Name is Red" by Orhan Pamuk.

A friend told me how awesome the Turkish novelist is and the cover page + description got me immediately arrested. πŸ˜€ So far so good.
  • Chaitanya Kukde
    Chaitanya Kukde
    The Brothers Karmazov - Fyodor Dostoyevsky. Just completed four chapters.. Seems okay till now πŸ˜€
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I developed a habit to read book in cab while commuting to office and surprisingly completed 5 book till now in last 4-5 mounts , each office day just 30 minπŸ˜€
    Shiva trilogy (The Immortals of Meluha, The Secret of the Nagas, The Oath of the Vayuputras), Eleven Minutes, Like the floating river.
    Currently reading Sevasadan by Premchandra.
  • Phenomenal
    Phenomenal
    I usually read articles online,a lot of them.
    But i ordered "Rearview : My Roadies Journey" by Raghu Ram since i was always interested to know the man behind Roadies and his work ethic.
    Meanwhile,i have cut out on the sodas,cakes and anything related to High Fructose Corn Syrup so i invest that money into books,clothes and electronics πŸ˜›
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I've started reading 'The Connected Age' by Sudhakar Ram. Interesting insights into our world and the future.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    I second #-Link-Snipped-# about Raghu Ram (Roadies) Just completed "Rearview : My Roadies Journey" by Raghu Ram . Nice Read.
  • Ankit Litoriya
    Ankit Litoriya
    peopleware
    author : tom demarco & timothy lister

I am thankful if someone will provide me pdf's of all edition especially first & second ...

With Regards.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Yordan Vasilev
    Yordan Vasilev
    "The Cosmic Landscape" by Leonard Susskind. Quite interesting and its made for regular people.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Completed Sevasadan (by Premchandra), hard to believe that book is written almost 100 years ago (1914) yet applicable to current social way of thinking and perspective.

Searching for next book to read.. any suggestion! πŸ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Planning for Shiva Triology but yet to purchase. πŸ˜’
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Thread BumpπŸ˜€
    Recently done with The Eleventh Commandment by Jeffery Archer. - Well written, It's like watching a great spy / CIA movie
    Ordered "It Had to Be You by -
    Anuj Tiwari"
    Looking for some more suggestions β˜•

#-Link-Snipped-# : Did you started Shiva Trilogy πŸ˜‰
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Anoop Kumar
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Did you started Shiva Trilogy πŸ˜‰
    Yes, I got translated book from my friend and I finished first part few weeks ago and now planning to start second part in next week hopefully.
    Some deadlines not allowing me to read other than technical documents. πŸ˜‰
  • Divyaprakash KC
    Divyaprakash KC
    I am a military science fiction fan. At present reading Indigo Squad (The Human Legion Book 2) [Kindle Edition].

I like novels by Mike Shepherd,Michael G. Thomas,Vaughn Heppner,Christopher Nuttall, Nick S. Thomas , B. V. Larson ,Ian Douglas , Mark E. Cooper.

However it all started with Robert Ludlum ( the Bourne series ) and then progressed to David Weber and John Ringo.

Indian writers, I have read Mukul Deva's couple of books.

Wish list - Shashi Tharoor's "The Great Indian Novel" and Anita Nair's "Mistress".
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Reading "Before I Go To Sleep". Big fan of covert ops novels (Ludlum is my all time favorite) and suspense novels in general.
  • avinash susarla
    avinash susarla
    The best book i ever had read is "tuesdays with morrie" by mitch albom.a book on lessons in life.
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    A Hindi novel. Yaadon k khandahar! πŸ˜€
  • n1kh1l
    n1kh1l
    HI
    I am a science fiction fan. The best I liked is Rendezvous with Rama. But recently I started reading general physics books.
    Now i am reading "The Road to Reality" by Roger Penrose. I will admit that half of the maths in it is going over my head. πŸ˜”
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    #-Link-Snipped-# , since you are interested in General Physics,might I suggest that you start reading The Elegant Universe, by Brian Greene. He is one of the pillars of String Theory and explains the subject to the extreme-math-backgroundless person in a very efficient and interesting way. I am halfway through.

P.S: It is a pain to tag you.
  • n1kh1l
    n1kh1l
    Shashank Moghe
    #-Link-Snipped-# , since you are interested in General Physics,might I suggest that you start reading The Elegant Universe, by Brian Greene. He is one of the pillars of String Theory and explains the subject to the extreme-math-backgroundless person in a very efficient and interesting way. I am halfway through.

P.S: It is a pain to tag you.
    Thanks #-Link-Snipped-#, I will keep this in mind. (Already added to my To-Do list.
  • n1kh1l
    n1kh1l
    Divyaprakash
    I am a military science fiction fan. At present reading Indigo Squad (The Human Legion Book 2) [Kindle Edition].

I like novels by Mike Shepherd,Michael G. Thomas,Vaughn Heppner,Christopher Nuttall, Nick S. Thomas , B. V. Larson ,Ian Douglas , Mark E. Cooper.

However it all started with Robert Ludlum ( the Bourne series ) and then progressed to David Weber and John Ringo.

Indian writers, I have read Mukul Deva's couple of books.

Wish list - Shashi Tharoor's "The Great Indian Novel" and Anita Nair's "Mistress".
    #-Link-Snipped-# I like scifi military fiction. Forever War, Old Mans War and the Jack Campbell series are my favorite.
  • Divyaprakash KC
    Divyaprakash KC
    n1kh1l
    #-Link-Snipped-# I like scifi military fiction. Forever War, Old Mans War and the Jack Campbell series are my favorite.
    YESS SIR... < evil grin > Shake hand and tell me about them!!!. Read all of them and more. I am thrilled to see a fellow conspirator 😁
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I recently read Rujuta Diwekar two most famous books. She is a celebrity dietician. A friend recommended that I read her books and I must say that the way she puts in her thoughts about breaking the myths of diet, weight loss, gyms and overall fads about food and health, are really great for any common man. A must read for anyone who wants to read about health issues and how to tackle them.

The next one on my list is Rashmi Bansal's latest - Take Me Home, stories of people that have made it big by sticking to their roots and develop their learnings from there.
    The stories are of twenty entrepreneurs who have made it big by sticking to the simple rule: Start from Home. The lessons and success stories and sometimes that of failure and learnings from them, have all come from home.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Recently got Amazon Kindle Paperwhite. Beautiful device.
    If you are a reader, for INR. 10k, it's totally worth.
    Save the paper😁
    Started with Scion of Ikshvaku by Amish Tripathi. Amish did able to hold the grip πŸ‘
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Edward De Bono: "I am right you are wrong"
    This book is about thinking. It is a sort of commentary on his earlier works on new ways of thinking, creativity and such.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Completed two book in last two weeks
    1. Scion of Ikshvaku - Well narrated and blend of mythical and modern ideology. Refreshing and must read. 4+/5.

2. Digital Fortress - As a coder I would say "It's not exactly how it works" but it will be roller coaster ride for tech enthusiast . But considering, it was written 17 years back it's a good book to read. Wondering why there is no movie on this book.
    3.5/5.

Kindle PaperWhite: - Rating: 6/5.
    Totally hooked with this device. It's a shame there is no Micromax Kindle.
  • Mohammed Abdul Gani
    Mohammed Abdul Gani
    I am reading "The Fall" by Albert Camus.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I am reading "30 Women in Power" by Naina Lal Kidwai.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    I finished The Shiva trilogy a few weeks back. Bought the first book as casual reading (had to travel). By the time I finished it I had already ordered the other 2 parts from Flipkart. 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's been a while I've read any book. All I'm reading these days are blogs! I'm not sure if I've the patience to read the Shiva Trilogy. πŸ˜”
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's been a while I've read any book. All I'm reading these days are blogs! I'm not sure if I've the patience to read the Shiva Trilogy. πŸ˜”
    I finished two part but not sure when going to finish third one as not getting time for that now a days.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    The Alchemist - againπŸ˜€
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    After the Shiva trilogy, its now time for Learning Perl - the llama book I believe 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am starting this series on my own. I will pick a random quote that I love and post it here everyday. πŸ˜€ If you like them, shower the love...
MIT researchers have developed a new material than can morph its surface into golf ball-like dimples to reduce air resistance. Golf enthusiasts claim that the dimpled surface of a golf...
Going by the tagline 'designed for active learning and active students', the new gadget called the Panasonic 3E is a convertible device launched in collaboration with Intel Education and Microsoft....
A team of researchers from the Queensland Brain Institute at the University of Queensland have developed a new landing mechanism for aircrafts inspired from bees. The system is entirely autonomous...
Asus, the Taiwanese-American multinational, is going to launch the Asus Zenfone 5 smartphone in India in July 2014, as it has promised. The company had unveiled this smartphone in China...