Where Does the Internet Go From Here? What do CEans think?

Quote:
There exists an evil in this world that is so ubiquitous, so accepted, that its maliciousness is no longer even recognized.
Cable companies.
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, we can predict the future of the Internet for the next 3-5 years at max; but certainly not beyond that. People have accepted the evil as a part of their life. We fail to realise that the Internet and all the information we get is supplied by the cable operators - the people who're in charge of our skies and ISPs. I can't stop myself from comparing it with the people who write our history books - and we believe what they want us to believe.

My grandpa's history analysis and stories were tangential to what the textbooks wanted us to believe. Yet, they sounded more authentic.

The internet will always be controlled by the stronger forces in the form of governments and businesses who'll continue to show that they're acting in favor of the masses.

For most of us; we'll have to be happy with what we've been served by them.
  • RVignesh
    RVignesh
    Once I saw this while in train. Young boys may be 11th or 12th std, all classmates. Each having a mobile phone fiddling with it and no one talking. Later I found out that they were discussing last nights IPL match by commenting on someone's status. This is bad

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Chinese mobile maker Xiaomi has launched their official website in India https://miui.co.in, which means the company is soon going to launch their own products in Indian markets. Company's MI series...
Intex Mobiles has launched its all new 3G smartphone titled 'Intex Aqua 3G' in India with a promise of bringing 8 new phones in the market during the next quarter....
Apple’s iPhone and Samsung phones are ruling a major share in the smart-phone market, but they don’t offer something ‘different’. That’s what Amazon’s CEO Jeff Bezos must be thinking, when...
Hi everyone. I'm looking to do MS in aerospace engineering. I have a B.Tech degree in Mechanical Engineering. Im looking at the following colleges. Embry Riddle Utorronto Carlton ISAE Wichita...