WhatsApp Voice Calling Arrived On Windows Phone & We Tested It

We sure heard WhatsApp Voice Call Feature Is Coming To Windows Phones Soon! and some of us might have gone ahead and #-Link-Snipped-# but the Facebook owned mobile messaging giant has proved us wrong. Yes, it’s now official voice calling has arrived on the WhatsApp app for the Windows Phone platform. The update version 2.12.60.0 worth a 19MB download arrived for Windows Phone users across the world today. WhatsApp has also taken user requests and added the option to send audio files. If you are on an older version of Windows Phone such as 7.5 you won’t be getting access to any of these features as the voice calling works on Windows Phone 8 and audio files in the MP3 format can be sent on Windows Phone 8.1.

WhatsApp

There is also a small addition of message count on the app home screen but it’s quite frustrating because if you tap on that nothing happens. One might have hoped that it opened the respective conversations but it doesn’t. Our curious minds made us install the update and try it out. Here is a short review.

Review:

I updated the app from the Windows Store and unlike WhatsApp’s Android version where the calls sit on another tab, for Windows Phone you have to hit the select the chat for a user and go to the call button that sits comfortably on the bottom. I called one of my friends who is using an Android smartphone through Wi-Fi and I was quite surprised that it connected instantaneously. Once the call began the voice was clearly audible. Unlike the early days of Android, I did not hear any echo or distortion. After a few minutes there were a few noticeable distortions but they weren’t distractive.

As Windows Phone finally gets voice calling, we hope WhatsApp is putting some efforts to bring it for the Blackberry boys.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Heading of article needs to updated. It looks like "windows phone got the new feature : Voice call"
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Anoop Kumar
    Heading of article needs to updated. It looks like "windows phone got the new feature : Voice call"
    Thanks for pointing it out Anoop. We have corrected it and we apologise for it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Celkon Mobiles have updated their low-budget Android device portfolio with the launch of Celkon Millennia ME Q54+ smartphone, a phone with above average features that hopes to lure customers with...
Spice Mobiles has several new smartphones in its portfolio in the year 2015 and today it has launched a new series called XLife and so far there are four entry...
HomeLane, a startup based out of Bangalore, that deals with interior designing, modular kitchen manufacturing and 3D modelling, has recently launched a new virtual reality-based device called 'Kaleido' which is...
greetings Mr. @Harshad Italiya i'm just new here and already had some conversation with sir. Ramani... he suggested you to me for my question... because im having problem for my...
We all have had weekends jam-packed with a task list full of household repair work and more often than not finding the right handy man to do all these repairs...