WhatsApp Is About To Have A Billion Monthly Active Users

It's just a matter of time that WhatsApp will have about a billion people using it actively every month! WhatsApp founder, Jan Koum wrote a post on Facebook that the world's popular mobile messenger has now 900 million active users per month. The news comes just a few days after Mark Zuckerberg informed us that Facebook's crossed an important milestone by having about a billion people log-in to Facebook in just a day! The uninitiated may note that WhatsApp is owned by Facebook.

Contrary to what a lot of people believed, Facebook's acquisition of WhatsApp actually accelerated its penetration throughout the world. The numbers hint that WhatsApp has added about a 100 million active monthly users in just five months. Facebook, the parent company of WhatsApp continues to be the social networking behemoth with about 1.49 billion monthly active users, according to the stats available for June 2015.

The growth of WhatsApp is a clear indication that Zuck's spending about $19 billion to acquire WhatsApp was a good business move, because had WhatsApp remained independent; it would have been one of the top Facebook rival. With the growing penetration of WhatsApp; people have discovered several innovative ways of using How to use WhatsApp for business? and as a tool mass communication.

Do read our discussions on How does WhatsApp Earn Money?, and how to get overHow to get over whatsapp addiction?. Do share your thoughts with us.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello if working in bpo is worth for bca or not
CrazyEngineers gets multiple career related queries every day and sometimes I get surprised that so many engineers are totally clueless about their career. I look at it like this: either...
The company that proudly writes its motto as 'We're building a better Internet', Mozilla Corp has finally unveiled a preview of it browser Firefox for iOS users in New Zealand....
Good Afternoon all.. Could anybody please guide me about the course SOFTWARE TESTING?
OnePlus and Amazon have partnered to offer the existing and new users of OnePlus 2 phone about Rs. 500 worth of Kindle eBooks. In order to claim their book(s), the...