WhatsApp iOS Version 2.12.5 Brings Video Backups And Apple Maps Location Sharing

WhatsApp for iOS version 2.12.5 brings lot of goodies requested by users for a long time now. WhatsApp engineers have rolled out an update that lets the users define custom notifications per chat and even mute the noisy groups. The most important feature is that users will now be able to backup the videos in the backups. The earlier versions of the messenger allowed only text messages to be a part of the backup. The new option is available from Settings / Chats and Calls / Chat Backup.

The release notes mention that the new version has better support for the VoiceOver. WhatsApp will now integrate with the Contacts app and Apple Maps app on your phone so that you can share contacts and location from within those apps.

The voice calls made over WhatsApp will consume lesser data and option can be found inside Settings / Chats and Calls. A small but useful feature is that you won't have to tap on 'Load Earlier Messages' in order to see the older messages. WhatsApp will automatically load the older messages as you scroll up.

WhatsApp-2-12-5-Features

WhatsApp allows cropping of videos and photos before you share them with your contacts and the new version includes an improved design for this feature. The location messages will now display a larger thumbnail of the map.

All the above features are now available to iOS users, and we can expect them to be made available on Android as well. Do let us know which WhatsApp feature is your favorite and which feature you think should make it to Android and iOS in near future.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The launch of smartphones by Asus, or as they call it – the Zen festival which was held in the country’s capital was a highly awaited and hugely attended event....
please share your experiences and errors and solutions about cyanogenmod on your mobiles.....😒
I am Aswenivishnu.I am pursuing my final year B.Tech., ECE in Sri Manakula Vinayagar Engg College.I am from Pondicherry.My aim is to get a good job in software company.I joined...
structural details
Here is a story based game app on jigsaw puzzles, the story roam around captain hawk and his merry band of pirates who are on an adventurous journey to find...