WhatsApp Bans Users for Violating Terms of Service

India's most loved messaging app WhatsApp has started imposing ban on users who violated its terms of service. The news is making rounds on the Internet that the app banned few users using WhatsApp Plus instead of official WhatsApp. WhatsApp Plus is a client for WhatsApp and provides several features to change colors and MODs, hiding "last seen", "double ticks" and "blue ticks" etc. Users are reportedly banned for 24 hours and are shown timer when they could start using the service again.
whatsapp_ban
WhatsApp added #-Link-Snipped-# of website to explain the reason of ban. It says that WhatsApp Plus has got no relation with official WhatsApp and it also contains code that can provide personal information to third parties without users' knowledge or authorization. The page also suggests that banned users need to uninstall WhatsApp Plus and re-install official app to be able to use the service.
Even I use WhatsApp Plus but I'm not yet banned. Is here anyone who is currently banned for the same reason?

Replies

• Piyush Dangre
    Piyush Dangre
    I've used it in the past. My friends are still using it. No one has reported tad bit of a problem. This might be a rumor.
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    Piyisn'tDangre
    I've used it in the past. My friends are still using it. No one has reported tad bit of a problem. This might be a rumor.
    Nope. This isnt a rumor.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Looks like a rumor as I am on whatsapp+ but nothing happened. Let's see 😁
  • PuneetVerma
    PuneetVerma
    Even I was using Whatsapp+ but now switched to official version for the time being. I miss several features like showing status in chatbox
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    Harshad Italiya
    Looks like a rumor as I am on whatsapp+ but nothing happened. Let's see 😁
    Those who used latest version are banned. Few others like us can use it some more time!
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    PuneetVerma
    Even I was using Whatsapp+ but now switched to official version for the time being. I miss several features like showing status in chatbox
    You could have waited for some time! 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone. I am studying B tech 3rd year Computer Science from Hyderabad. And planning for campus placements where technical and aptitude are present. I am confident in aptitude but...
Introduction The not-so-important formal intro. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Name: Piyush Dangre Engineering Trade: Computer Science Location: Nagpur, India. Occupation: Student at GHRCE, Nagpur pursuing 3rd yr B.E. Hobbies & Interests: Web and...
It's finally here! Fire up Google Chrome right now and head over to https://web.whatsapp.com. Please make sure that you have the latest [see update below] WhatsApp version installed on your...
Project Abstract / Summary : Aluminium-Copper–Magnesium alloys were known for their high strength and stiffness. In this study, effect of copper content on the mechanical properties of Al-Cu (binary) alloys...
Microsoft did a super-cool announcement yesterday. Called 'Hololens', the new wearable changes your reality to something that was earlier seen only in movies. It does it so well that you...