What would be your cabinet if you were Narendra Modi?

Well I was going through the news this morning to find out there is a new ruckus regarding portfolio distribution in the NaMo Cabinet. I thought some ideal names would like to share. Others pour in your views too.

PM: Narendra Modi
Speaker: L K Advani. Later for President
Defense Minister: Gen V K Singh
Home Minister: Rajnath Singh
Finance: Arun Jaitley
External Affairs: Sushma Swaraj
Commerce & Industry: Amit Shah
Agriculture: Venkaiah Naidu
Transport & surface: Nitin Gadkari
Railways: Ramvilas Paswan / Ananth Kumar

Other industries don't matter much anyways. Political fillings they are more of.

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    On a much less likely thought, Former Commissioner Satyapal Singh could be in as Home Ministry if experience is to be taken in consideration. This way Rajnath Singh could be party chief as much are saying so.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Communications and IT / Information & Broadcasting: Smriti Irani
    Law & Justice: Arun Jaitley
    HRD: Smriti Irani
    Road Transport and Highways: Gadkari.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    I think Law & Justice can be Ravi Shankar Prasad.
    Irani is a member of rajya sabha? Not sure.
    If yes then she can be Information & Broadcasting.
    HRD and Comms and It can be Murli Manohar Joshi
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Chandrababu should get Communications and IT / Information & Broadcasting.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Chandrababu is busy as in Seemandra CM, interesting that he created Hyderabad what it is known for today and again he has to do this for Seemandhra again.

May be Gen V K Singh will not get Defense minister now but he should be secretary (or deputy minister) and in next reshuffle, Defense minister ☕

Smriti Irani: Vadodara seat replacemnt of Modi and Ministry of Women & Child Development
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Chandrababu is going to be CM of Andhra Pradesh. He cannot take a cabinet portfolio
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Can they replace people like this? in seats?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Nayan Goenka
    Can they replace people like this? in seats?
    Yes, in re-election as Modi has to left one seat either Varanasi or Vadodara.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    That would seem fitting to get their last high profile member in the Parliament. Arun Jaitley is already in Rajya Sabha
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Harshad Italiya
    Yes, in re-election as Modi has to left one seat either Varanasi or Vadodara.
    As per I know They can nominate any other person. (I also heard on some news that Modi might be nominating Irani or Jetly from Vadodara)
    Can anyone confirm this?
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Anoop Kumar
    As per I know They can nominate any other person. (I also heard on some news that Modi might be nominating Irani or Jetly from Vadodara)
    Can anyone confirm this?
    I don't think so that they can nominate. Re-election has to be done there since Modi will be resigning as MP from Vadodara or Varanasi. whichever he chooses. He will choose Varanasi most probably seeing its strategic importance. Jaitley doesn't need to be elected in Lok Sabha die hard. He's already in Parliament via Rajya Sabha. Irani on other hand, would have to get some membership somewhere. Vadodara it will be for Irani I guess
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Nayan Goenka
    I don't think so that they can nominate. Re-election has to be done there since Modi will be resigning as MP from Vadodara or Varanasi.
    Yes, From different sources. It has to be re-election.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Interestingly, this was introduced in 1996, and I think this law should be dissolved. If a person can't vote from two places how can they allow to contest from two places.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    This could be a facesaver law for people like Mulayam Singh Yadav. He was about to lose himself.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, if a 'non-elected' person can become the PM of this country for 10 years; we can always have Smriti Irani or Jaitley in the cabinet. It's all possible. Given Modi's style of working; he'll try to get people who'll get things done. Jaitley is certainly in.

Modi will keep the Varanasi seat for sure. Let him clean Ganga and he'll secure his seat for the next 20 years. I also expect Gadkari in the team; because he's got a proven track record of development. The other day a local shopkeeper was all praise for him for building roads in his village that had not seen a bus in decades.

I personally like that we've a strong man at the top, with full power. If I were him, I'd win people's heart by -
    • Putting up toilets at every 5 km on highways
    • Cleaning up railway stations.
    Those two small jobs would install confidence among people like never before.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Putting toilets is huge step I believe. Don't think its possible given the size of Roads we have.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It is my great privilege to be a part of Crazy Engineers Community. My Details: Name : NAGARJUNA AGRAHARA Occupation : Student College: Nitk Surathkal (Currently 1st year B.Tech) Branch...
This is my first post. I got to know about this blog from my friend @micheal john . Hope I will be an active participant in this blog.
If you are a frequent user of both Microsoft Outlook and Google+ Hangouts, this is just the most awesome news you'll read during your office hours today. Google has launched...
Nokia India is on a spree of launching the newly introduced smartphone models in the country and this time it has brought the 'Nokia XL Dual SIM' phone with a...
Founded by Manuj Jindal and Sushant Kochar, FindMyCoaching is a startup about coaching institutes. It was launched with a goal to help students search, compare and sign-up for coaching classes....