What Toyota Rush will bring to the Indian Roads?

Overview

Toyota, the leading Japanese carmaker, offers cars with excellent performance and great handling all over the world. Toyota has a strong presence in the car market of India, thanks to their wonderful cars like Innova, Etios and Liva among others. The Toyota cars are manufactured and sold by Toyota Kirloskar Motors in India, a JV between the Japanese Toyota Corporation and Indian company Kirloskar Group. The Indian car lovers have always lavished their attention on the Toyota brand of cars. The customer confidence and backing has prompted the automaker to launch a new SUV named Rush in India. It is expected that once launched, the Toyota Rush will replicate the unparalleled success of it siblings in the Indian automobile market.

[​IMG]

Why Toyota Rush

As the demand for SUVs are on the rise in India at present, there could be no better time to launch an SUV in the country than now. Currently, there are only very limited choices of SUVs here. Hence, every new car is eagerly anticipated. Moreover, as the market is still at its nascent stage as far as SUVs are concerned, the newcomers have an equal chance of establishing themselves strongly in the market here. Hence, it is expected that the Rush will have many favourable conditions during its launch. All the car lovers are expecting the launch of Rush sooner than later.

Expected Price

On its Indian debut, the Toyota Rush is expected to carry a price tag varying from INR 550000/- to 1100000/- (ex-showroom). Many experts feel that this is a competitive price for an SUV of its stature. In addition, as the car is on sale at most of the leading markets across the world by now, the Indian buyers can have a clear idea of what they will be receiving. However, even though the Rush is offered as both five-seater and seven-seater in the global markets, it is not clear if both variants will be offered in India.

[​IMG]

Technical Specifications

The Rush is likely to be powered by a 1495cc, 4-cylinder, DHOC, 1.4-liter, 67 PS and 170Nm diesel engine, which the experts say is the same engine featured in the Corolla Altis.

Toyota Rush, upon its launch in India, will take on other popular SUVs like Nissan Terrano, Renault Duster, Ford EcoSport, Mahindra XUV500 and the Tata Safari Storme. In all probability, the Toyota brand name might give the Rush an edge over others, even before it has proven itself on the Indian roads.

Final Word

Toyota Rush will be smaller than the Innova in all characteristics and hence will appeal to those who feel that Innova is too huge for them. However, despite the smaller size, the Rush can accommodate seven passengers quite comfortably. It is expected to offer all standard safety features too. The Above Overview is given by autoportal experts.

Toyota Rush Price in India, Launch Date, Review & Images, specs of, specification, specifications | AutoPortal

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    An very good article that clearly depicts the facts.The specs seems to be fascinating but design(exterior) looks ordinary and it does not feed masculanity lovers. It looks like a car born for a hatchback and a Suv( front look gives a feeling of hatchback but the rear gives strong SUV look.
    Fingers crossed to see its on road performance!!!
    Will it make other competitors to take a second look on their cars?
  • Lynne Austinn
    Lynne Austinn
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    An very good article that clearly depicts the facts.The specs seems to be fascinating but design(exterior) looks ordinary and it does not feed masculanity lovers. It looks like a car born for a hatchback and a Suv( front look gives a feeling of hatchback but the rear gives strong SUV look.
    Fingers crossed to see its on road performance!!!
    Will it make other competitors to take a second look on their cars?
    Thank you and Ofcourse! Its quite good and not that expensive! simply made for indian peoples! 😀
  • Yogesh Borkar
    Yogesh Borkar
    Will Toyota Rush bring rush to Indian roads, only a test drive sooner can make it clear. Seems great in pictures though!👍
  • Lynne Austinn
    Lynne Austinn
    Yogesh Borkar
    Will Toyota Rush bring rush to Indian roads, only a test drive sooner can make it clear. Seems great in pictures though!👍
    Yes Agree! Waiting for First Test Drive Video 😀
    Thank you
  • Bella Edward
    Bella Edward
    Great Review Lynne! I have also write a expert review of toyota rush on my website autoportal.com
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I first read the price is 55L, then soon realized i was wrong! the price is very very competitive.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The latest smartphone from the Chinese manufacturer Gionee has been launched in India with the name 'Gionee Marathon M3', an elder brother to the previous Marathon M2. The biggest USP...
The latest entrant in Panasonic India's P series of smartphones is Panasonic P55, a 5.5 inch screen phablet that runs on Android 4.4 KitKat operating system. We've earlier covered the...
I want to check whether the following scenario is possible with Jquery. please provide the possible solution to do this. Also check this fiddle what i did till now, but...
Can some one help me understand the load cell amplifier circuit used in the above link. This is one of the few circuits that I have seen that uses a...
If you had been feeling the vibes about the new smartphone from Lenovo, well here it is. The company has officially launched its brand new Android smartphone titled Lenovo Vibe...