What to do to make Bootstrap website compatible with IE less than 8

So, I was reading lot of source code of various sites that are designed on Bootstrap3. I've come up with these three things:
  • respond.js
  • css3-mediaqueries.js
  • html5shiv
I'm having a hard time to understand what each one of them do; many people include them in combos & I'm just confused.

Please help me out.

What I need?
I need to know the difference between the three. Which one/combo would be better. Additional knowledge would be a bonus 😀

Thanks & Regards

Replies

• batpool52!
    batpool52!
    Sanyam Khurana
    html5shiv
    It is a jQuery library that will add the elements which are not available in most old browsers like Firefox 3.x, IE6-IE9 or Safari.

Sanyam Khurana
    respond.js
    Last I remember when I used it was for making the CSS Queries for example
    @media (max-width:{width_in_pixels}px)
    {
    some_class_name_here

{

displaynone;
        }
    }
    Sanyam Khurana
    css3-mediaqueries.js
    Same as above.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    batpool52!
    It is a jQuery library that will add the elements which are not available in most old browsers like Firefox 3.x, IE6-IE9 or Safari.

Last I remember when I used it was for making the CSS Queries for example
    @media (max-width:{width_in_pixels}px)
    {
    some_class_name_here

{

displaynone;
        }
    }

Same as above.
    So, what should be included in a Bootstrap3 website?

html5shiv, I think should be there for sure; next I should include respond.js or css3-mediaqueries.js?
  • batpool52!
    batpool52!
    Whichever you prefer. I would go with the one which is more active in development. Though I prefer respond.js
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    batpool52!
    Whichever you prefer. I would go with the one which is more active in development. Though I prefer respond.js
    Okay, thanks 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The iOS 8.2 beta was released just 13 days ago. A Chinese based team of hackers called TaiG have already released the jailbroken versions for both, the iOS 8.2 beta...

yo!

Hello everyone here, I'm Nishant. I'm studying my 2nd year currently. I can code in most of the web development field in ease and ofc, I'm freelancer 😁
Celkon is a local manufacturing company known for its involvement in the development of mobile phones, Tablet PC solutions and wireless technologies. It is also a member of Android One...
@lal - Many many Happy returns of the day. Have loads of fun and enjoyment today. Have a great day!🎉😁🎉
The Chinese mobile manufacturing company, ZTE has officially launched the Grand S II in India. The company has joined hands with Amazon to launch its product in the Indian market....