What to do in gap year after or during school or college?

A lot of students seem to be taking gap year, some willingly and most because they couldn't crack one or the other entrance exams. Some students have to give up 1 year of college time because they had 1 back paper. So, these students "waste" an entire period of 12 months either moping around about how there batchmates all went ahead OR simply chill and do nothing.

Here's an inspiring story of how Nirman Dave hacked a gap year for increasing his productivity!

• With the help of Youtube videos and e-books he learnt programming.
  • Created more than 170 applications.
  • Using Python, he created Snick, a beginner level programming language.
  • He developed a computer application that supports a multi-touch table.
  • Built a 3D chocolate printer.
  • ..and a lot more!
Do watch and be inspired. Use your time well.

Replies

• paramasivan
    paramasivan
    Creating idea is easy... But while executing it, we feel the difficulties... I also planed for so many things for my leisure time. But nigh I executed. But having good friends, may make some improved carrier activities. So, my idea is avoid being lay in place. Rome around, got new ideas.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear Engineers/All, In my company we have a 3 Steam turbine generators. One of the steam turbine generator, often 'Loss of field' happening. We planed for overhauling of the generator....
Quote: This Specialization builds on the success of the Python for Everybody course and will introduce fundamental programming concepts including data structures, networked application program interfaces, and databases, using the...
Quote: High-profile cases have recently put campus sexual assault in the spotlight. One question that has repeatedly come up: why are these cases being handled by campuses at all? Title...
Is anyone else faced Facebook down issue? Is there any hacking attempt? Sorry, something went wrong. We're working on it and we'll get it fixed as soon as we can....
i was selected for oracle india in our campus recuriment ,but until now i did not get any official form stating it ,can any one say hen will i get...