What should I learn in Mechanical Core field?

Hi frnds..I am B.E mechanical engineering 2 year I desired to do something special... I have interested in my core field only....
So that what I should learn......

I need some suggestions.....

Replies

• n1kh1l
    n1kh1l
    kathiravan.
    Hi frnds..I am B.E mechanical engineering 2 year I desired to do something special... I have interested in my core field only....
    So that what I should learn......

I need some suggestions.....
    What do you mean by saying what do i learn?
    Anyway the term learn is wrong. You have to understand and study everything and become knowledgeable. But if you only want to top the exams then you have to learn everything and forget it afterwards.
    If you have interest in core field get your basics right.
    If you are interested in Power get thermodynamics right.
    If you are interested in hydraulic get fluid mechanics right.
    If you are interested in design get your machine design, theory of machine right.
    If you are interested in production get your engineering drawing right.
    Every subject that they teach in undergraduate Mechanical engineering is a different field in itself.
    See where your interest lies and study accordingly.
    Personally I would recommend to study all the subjects and gain at least 50% knowledge from them.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    kathiravan.
    I have interested in my core field only....
    You may find yourself in a cul-de-sac. Modern engineering has to be multidisciplinary.
    Future of mech E is in robotics and additive manufacture. In a real life situation one cannot restrict oneself, especially in engineering. Of course you can specilize in whatever you consider as core area and become a teacher in that, which is not bad at all.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : Portable Start Menu is portable software solution allowing you to take your favorite software with you. A fully open source and free platform, it works...
Project Abstract / Summary : AUTOMATIC SPEED CONTROL IN AUTOMOBILES ABSTRACT Speed control is in the need of the hour due to the increased rate of accidents reported in our...
Microsoft is reportedly developing an app called People Sense that allows users to share their location and find other people around. Though there is no official announcement from Microsoft as...
how I import my database to wamp??
Project Abstract / Summary : The project aims at controlling a wheelchair by means of human voice. It enables a disabled person to move around independently, using a voice recognition...