What really happens inside the battery while charging and discharging?

what happens inside the battery while charging it and while discharging(that is while using it)? how the eletrode plates position and eletrolyte in battery will be it is completely discharged and charged?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Initially speaking your question needs volumes to be typed Which is a real pain.

SO to make all things crisper to you I want you to answer whether you are aware of EMF series or Electrochemical Reactions

Do post on and you will be really surprised to listen to other comments 😁
  • pr159260
    pr159260
    thanks for reply Conqueror. ya sir..i have studied that battery work based on that chemical actions and battery works till there is chemical action..but i am not clear that how chemical action degrads ,stop discharging . can you clear me in this ?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    That is simple consider a irreversible reaction

When the amount of reactants becomes zero and the end product is only present in the solution. Then will there be any more reaction in the forward direction Nope the same holds good here

A+B------>C

If the amount of A and B becomes 0 there is no chance of getting C right the same principle is used here

Once the batteries are used up the chemical reactants are not having sufficient concentration to continue their reaction This will lead to drop in potential developed in the battery
  • pr159260
    pr159260
    oh okay sir. my doubt cleared with your explanation.thanks for your explanation 😀
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    pr159260
    oh okay sir. my doubt cleared with your explanation.thanks for your explanation 😀
    Nice to hear that keep posting your queries and also help your fellow engineers here as well.

Be a

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A technical extravaganza to quench your thirst for knowledge without missing any of the fun. A platform to learn all about 'engine'ering stuffs and a very good platform to build...
hi......i am yogesh n iam doing my b.tech first year in vignan institution in duvvada . sory to say that i am new to this site so kindly give me...
I am completely Newbie in this electrical field. Sorry if i asked very basic questions here. why does the glow of lamps becomes weaker when heavy current appliance is switched...
Hi, I am a graduate in CS with 2 years experience. I have aptitude for R & D. Just wanted to know if R&D kind of jobs exist in industry...
Name: Olu Engineering trade: Electrical & Electronics Engineering Occupation: Student Interests: Reading and dismantling old electronic devices. Aim in life: To be an inventor Why I Joined: To get connected...