What make the people to move towards imported or Foreign branded Cars?

We all knew that TATA,Hindustan and Maruti Suzuki ruled the Auto Industry in India till 1990's but After the globalization and people's love for foreign brands, all the things changed and foreign brands dominating the present Auto Industry what can be the future of Indian Auto Giants?
india vs foreign
What make the people to move from Indian made to Foreign mad?
Whether it was status symbol or quality of the product or lack of design or lack of advertisement?
Or it is lack of awareness between the people about the quality?

Replies

• Gurjap
    Gurjap
    Tata motors sells a lot of cars, and it's Indian. The secret to sell a lot of cars seems to the ability to tap into the middle class Indian's car-perception: a mix of peer review, brand equity, customer service, fuel mileage and choice of diesel/petrol. Add that to the fact that there aren't that many Indian brands to choose from, whereas there are a lot of South Korean, European and American ones, and you'll see why Indians are buying more Hondas and Fords.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Gurjap
    Tata motors sells a lot of cars, and it's Indian. The secret to sell a lot of cars seems to the ability to tap into the middle class Indian's car-perception: a mix of peer review, brand equity, customer service, fuel mileage and choice of diesel/petrol. Add that to the fact that there aren't that many Indian brands to choose from, whereas there are a lot of South Korean, European and American ones, and you'll see why Indians are buying more Hondas and Fords.
    I agree with it but why do you post as European cars.If you can count more auto companies in Europe I can also count more on Asian companies.
    From my knowledge Germany is the country to hold more auto companies.Stop comparing of India and european cars.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Please stick to purely technical discussions in this section.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Foreign Brands guarantee performance WITH design. In Indian cars, it was very tough to find such a combination untill late when technology got developed in-house. But till then, due to globalization, foreign companies already made a decent hold
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    Really? What technology have the Indians developed "in-house"? I am rather unaware of any such thing. From basic engine design to halogen headlights, everything is outsourced. Even the manufacturing tech is imported, and the latest buzzwords of JIT, TPM, TQM etc have been "influenced" by the Japanese.

It is simply the truth that Indians cannot compete for a very long time with the kind of head start established European and American companies like Benz or Audi or GMC have. Notably, South Korean and Japanese companies are now at par, and even surpassing, all these western corporations, but their work culture is very enviable.

Therefore, Indians are buying more of there foreign brands (not so foreign anymore.. I remember I was surprised at learning that Maruti was actually Japanese) and shall continue to do so, until more Indian companies step up. Personally, I feel Mahindra should take more of an interest in the market, and Royal Enfield should really use some of that cash pile they are sitting on and launch a bloody four wheeler already.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Okay, here's the simple script if you want to change uppercase filenames to lower-case & vice-versa. Uppercase Filenames To Lowercase : #!/bin/sh if [ $# -eq 0 ] ; then...
Integrated graphics were tagged as 'useless' for gaming. But since last two-three years after the development of AMD APU & Intel's HD series IGFX, the gaming is kinda possible without...
While i was reading the newspaper I was shocked on seeing the title that "Indian MP's having criminal record accounts for as many as 31% members of parliament (MPs) legislators...
I think I landed in correct arena to get answer for my question.So here is my question 1)why lights flicker or blasts when a thunder struck ? 2)what is the...
I am studying in Electrical and Electronic Engineering. I have to submit project in this semester. so i'm interested to submit MicroControl/ Power/ Electronics Related Project Please give me some...