What keeps a medical device engineer up at night?

A medical device engineer knows that his work may be of direct help to a patient in suffering and may even grant extension of life. The stress comes from the fact that if he faults he may take a life as well.

For me the second was a given. So, better be no mistakes.
I am ambivalent about the first. At the back of the mind there was the feeling that medical devices in India will help a lot of the needy. However, I must confess that altruism was not the prime mover. Engineering pure and simple and the unashamed selfish pleasure of doing something exciting is what keeps me going.

Here is something on this:
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Do extremely advanced facilities where high end operations/surgeries are done and super high tech gadgets are used keep in in-house engineer for their support? I am talking about super-specialty hospitals and research labs.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I wanna interface HDTV & PC monitor both to my Computer, is it possible ? I have graphics card with DVI-D & D-Sub pin. i will be using D-sub VGA...
First, I connected D-sub pin to D-sub port of video card & I started the PC, the display was clear. Then, I connected DVI-D pin with DVI port & did...
VLC Media Player for iOS, the app that went on a leave couple of years back, is now launched again. VLC, the multi-format video player has gone live in some...
The Reserve Bank Of India isn't quite popular among the tech community in the country. The master bank has known to have it's own 'weird' thoughts about technology (read the...
After Apple announced the new Macbook Air 2013, people got their heads blown away with the battery life the machine offered. It's no wonder that several people booked their Airs...