What is the scholarship criteria for MS ?

Hey, I want to know the scholarship criteria for MS preferably from US..

And how much fee waiver is given..?

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    It depends on your score. And which university you are applying to. All of them have their own set of rules. If you score above 325, they say its really good score and you can get into a good university with scholarship
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Depends on your profile and university. A lot of factors matter, like your GRE score, your academic performance and university rules etc. One of my friends got around 320-330, he is in CMU and he got around 40 percent fee waiver.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Scholarship or not - isn't it way too costly to do MS in these days? So much to settle in the United States? ๐Ÿ˜
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Scholarship or not - isn't it way too costly to do MS in these days? So much to settle in the United States? ๐Ÿ˜
    Yeah, the cost is very high indeed..

Even the state Universities charge around $10,000 - $15,000 .๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, it's pure business for them. I think the recommendation letters and SOPs they ask in the name of 'selection' is a complete BS. I wonder whether MS really helps anyone in their career except for helping 'settle' in the US.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, it's pure business for them. I think the recommendation letters and SOPs they ask in the name of 'selection' is a complete BS. I wonder whether MS really helps anyone in their career except for helping 'settle' in the US.
    When I ask people about M.Tech, everyone tells me, that you will become lecturer after that, but I'm really confused...

How could this be true..
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Sanyam Khurana
    When I ask people about M.Tech, everyone tells me, that you will become lecturer after that, but I'm really confused...

How could this be true..
    Dude, I am doing M.Tech. and believe me, I am not going to be a lecturer (at least, not in near future!). I also faced the same thing when I decided to go with M.Tech. I dont know who made this stereotype, but it sure has stopped a lot of people from pursuing higher education. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Pensu
    Dude, I am doing M.Tech. and believe me, I am not going to be a lecturer (at least, not in near future!). I also faced the same thing when I decided to go with M.Tech. I dont know who made this stereotype, but it sure has stopped a lot of people from pursuing higher education. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Yeah, so we can go in the IT field !!
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Sanyam Khurana
    Yeah, so we can go in the IT field !!
    Of-course, man! The only problem with higher education in India is quality. Just be sure to choose a good institute. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Do Mtech Buddy then you are all set to rule the job market and the scenario will be different try to crack GATE with a decent score you will land up in a good IIT and you are sure to say that your life is settled in your core field itself
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Yeah, I'm researching more on that...!! ๐Ÿ˜€

And improving my vocabulary ..๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    My strong suggestion is that you *MUST* be very clear in your mind about why you want to go for a PG course. Unless you've a strong reason, it's going to be a waste of money and time.

There were times I was preparing for MBA - because I wanted to go to IIMs so that I could meet people who wanted to start their own business. But I figured out that I don't need to go to IIMs to become an entrepreneur. Life became totally awesome after that ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • SP.Engr
    SP.Engr
    Kaustubh Katdare
    My strong suggestion is that you *MUST* be very clear in your mind about why you want to go for a PG course. Unless you've a strong reason, it's going to be a waste of money and time.

There were times I was preparing for MBA - because I wanted to go to IIMs so that I could meet people who wanted to start their own business. But I figured out that I don't need to go to IIMs to become an entrepreneur. Life became totally awesome after that ๐Ÿ˜‰

Compensating my not so good UG with a better PG in a good college would be a strong reason to pursue M.tech ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    SP.Engr
    Compensating my not so good UG with a better PG in a good college would be a strong reason to pursue M.tech ?
    Make sure that the additional degree brings the desired results. Do a research if you need to.
  • oprime
    oprime
    I heard that funding is being provided mostly to PhD students.
    The funding to MS students has been cut by a large amount.
  • SP.Engr
    SP.Engr
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Make sure that the additional degree brings the desired results. Do a research if you need to.
    Here does college plays a key role or the degree?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    SP.Engr
    Here does college plays a key role or the degree?
    Your performance in the college plays even better code than your college

But some college name have an impact on society not on your intellectual input
  • avii
    avii
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think the recommendation letters and SOPs they ask in the name of 'selection' is a complete BS. I wonder whether MS really helps anyone in their career except for helping 'settle' in the US.
    I just LOL for the FUD here.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

18th August is going to be it The grand revelation of the mystery which we spoke about a few days back back Any idea on what it is going to...
Raspberry Pi enthusiasts may find themselves frequenting a new online destination - the Raspberry Pi Projects hub launched by Elecment14. This new resource not only lets you show of your...
In an age where we can Google our way through most things, there are still some bastions of brainpower that win out over technology. But where are we heading?? Ask...
Apple's next iPhone, the iPhone 5S will have a special home button. According to reports, the convex sapphire home button will also act as a 'fingerprint' scanner - so that...
Sony Corporation has launched a red-hot edition of its VAIOยฎ Duo, Pro and Fit models in a special series called the Sony VAIO Red edition. Calling the new series a...