What is the right time (age) to Marry?

I am not sure if my question is suitable for Engineers forum, but I thought we have lot of wanna be entrepreneurs here, what do you think is best age to marry?

I am just 24 right now and my parents have started forcing me but I think I have lot of things to do before getting married ,also I think marriage can be barrier for my vision

Do you think same?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's an important question I guess every engineer (turned entrepreneur) has. The right age to marry is after 21 ( ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) because that's what the law of the land says. Indian society typically requires you to marry before you turn 30.

If you find right match, you should get married. There's no point in postponing it just for the sake of it. Seek support of your life-partner in your venture (direct/indirect) and make sure she understands the life of an entrepreneur. If your parents have began finding a match for you, let them proceed. It keeps them busy while you grow your business.

Marriage 'can' be a barrier for your vision. But take it as a challenge; because that's what you're doing as an entrepreneur every day. If you make sure that your life-partner understands what's your life mission and agrees to support it; it can be a huge accelerator as well. Keep a very positive attitude, stay calm and get married ๐Ÿ˜
  • Smiech
    Smiech
    It doesn't matter the age you are but if you do it with the right person, the person you really love.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Partly agree with #-Link-Snipped-# . Find the right person, who understands your ideas of life and profession. But, if your parents aren't on the same wavelength as you, they will end up finding a good but incoherent match for you. Get involved in the process of finding your own match or make a match yourselves.

#Disclaimer: Purely speculative advice. Please read the fine print carefully before marrying ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Shashank Moghe
    Get involved in the process of finding your own match or make a match yourselves.
    I didn't say he should remain inert from the match finding process. Let them 'shortlist' the candidates ๐Ÿ˜€ and the final rounds of elimination are conducted by the bride / groom together.
  • Smiech
    Smiech
    At the age of 22 I married the woman I am still in love with and with whom I had two children. My marriage has never been a barrier for my career aspirations.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Manish Goyal
    but I think I have lot of things to do before getting married
    Could you introspect and go into specifics for yourself? Why are those things not possible after marriage?
    Also, would like to know to why is marriage a barrier to your vision.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Ankita Katdare
    Could you introspect and go into specifics for yourself? Why are those things not possible after marriage?
    Also, would like to know to why is marriage a barrier to your vision.
    I am not sure, may be I feel I am already overloaded with a lot of work and after marriage, there will be more responsibilities come on my way, that may lead to problems.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Sir, life is not going to get any easier on you. With age, the responsibilities only grow. So it will get increasingly difficult to get married as you grow older. You have to find a solution to split the responsibilities or increase your load carrying capacity.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Virgin Galactic spaceship, called 'Space Ship Two' crashed during a test flight in the Mojave desert in California. The carrier craft, called the White Knight however has landed safely. The...
Bot driving skills tested by a shrewd arena! Take on this challenge to experience the most extreme difficulties faced in driving a remote controlled bot. Are you ready to face...
Facebook and anonymity have never gone hand-in-hand. A social networking website always needs access to your personal information in order to offer you its services. Facebook has been trying to...
I am trying to make this automatic rain cover system that extends a shade for my dog, when it is raining, but there is some electrode shown in the circuit...
Samsung has been constantly criticised for its done-to-death plastic designs. Samsung fanatics find it difficult to distinguish between Galaxy Grand and Galaxy S IV from couple of feet away. Considering...