What is the highest transmission voltage in India?

What is the highest transmission voltage in India? I didnt get any exact answer.

Replies

• KARAD123
    KARAD123
    hope to get the answer to my question about tranmission voltage soon..
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I heard of HVDC transmission in India. Not sure about exact figure. Get information about HVDC in India.
  • Suresh Manickam
    Suresh Manickam
    10,000 volts in main stream and 12-220,240 V in down stream.
  • lal
    lal
    I remember reading that very long distance AC transmission voltages in India are 110kV and 230kV.

Edit : I figured out the above statement is presently not true and it is 765kV now.
  • insane.nick
    insane.nick
    hi KARAD
    The highest transmission volatage in India is 765kV ac. The highest voltage in the case of DC transmission is +/- 600 kV.

• KARAD123
    KARAD123
    insane.nick
    hi KARAD
    The highest transmission volatage in India is 765kV ac. The highest voltage in the case of DC transmission is +/- 600 kV.
    ok... i guess even i read d same sumwhere.. thanks...
  • KARAD123
    KARAD123
    thanks every1...
    the teacher in my college asked us an question... which type of circuit is present in radios and televisions? ac or dc? I'm not sure about its answer... can any1 help?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    KARAD123
    thanks every1...
    the teacher in my college asked us an question... which type of circuit is present in radios and televisions? ac or dc? I'm not sure about its answer... can any1 help?
    Why not try to find answer on your own 😀
  • KARAD123
    KARAD123
    The_Big_K
    Why not try to find answer on your own 😀
    i didnt get a proper answer... thats y i asked....
  • Suresh Manickam
    Suresh Manickam
    In both radio and TV, DC is used. to explain clearly contact me.
  • KARAD123
    KARAD123
    Suresh Manickam
    ok...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Suresh Manickam
    Why can't everything be discussed here? Explain what you've to explain here. Larger audience will benefit.
  • Suresh Manickam
    Suresh Manickam
    Its too large post here.
  • insane.nick
    insane.nick
    Hi KARAD 123 you think you are so smart ...
  • KARAD123
    KARAD123
    insane.nick
    excuse me... wat did i say? i just asked a doubt?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    @ All, please be clear and appropriate in your comments
    Please follow rules of not spamming the thread with personal opinions rather try contributing constructively to the thread.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    actually transmission from generating station is 400kv and in between there are about many step down or step up's hope i am clear in dc there is around 1000kv because it has to travel long distance
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    insane.nick
    That was inappropriate.
  • insane.nick
    insane.nick
    hey admin and KARAD 123 ehen i was give you the correct answer then you share this post..
    ok... i guess even i read d same sumwhere.. thanks...
    then i was share this ...
    okkkkkkkkk if you think i am wrong then i am sorry..............
  • naga lakshmi
    naga lakshmi
    KARAD123
    thanks every1...
    I think its based on ac circuits ,because radios & televisions based on the principle frequency .
    frequency concept is only on an ac circuits.
  • akpower
    akpower
    Hi Karad123,
    Exact answers to your queries are
    1]Transmission voltage in India (highest) is 750KV AC and these lines are erected by Power Grid Corporation for interstate connections throughout India. However work on 800KV is also in progress.
    2] DC transmission voltage (highest) in India is 600KV .This has restriction due to conversion i.e. AC/DC & inversion i.e. DC/AC for bulk power transmission.
    3] Radio circuits use both. AC & DC.When AC supply is available ,the instruments(rectifier) convert AC to DC from 230volts to 6 volts for operating the other electronic circuits namely,amplifiers, converters,mixers etc.Since all semiconductors require only small DC voltage to drive them.
    Hope it satisfies your query.
  • KARAD123
    KARAD123
    thank you..
  • lalit.joshi
    lalit.joshi
    KARAD123
    thanks every1...
    sure.... listen, a RLC circuit is used in radio and television to catch a proper frequency for visulisation as well as audio. at last both signals are synchronised. this is the working. RLC circuit works in dc so circuit is dc but creat oscillations like ac.
  • SHRIKANT CRAZY
    SHRIKANT CRAZY
    hi karad 123
    hey.......i don't know how much you are benefiting from your questions but i'm very much glad to know this type of interseting questions. thank you very much.........
  • jarpala venkates
    jarpala venkates
    thank you for giving this valuable information.
  • Ganeshkumar.R
    Ganeshkumar.R
    Thankyou for valuable qes and answer I request to post more information
  • alok raj
    alok raj
    nice to have such intresting queries.
    The Generator terminal voltage is stepped up by the power station transformer to a higher voltage (115 kV to 765 kvAC, varying by the transmission system and by country) for transmission over long distances.
    IN dc its up to 600kv.
  • Bijay Krishna Nandi
    Bijay Krishna Nandi
    See as per the question- 800 kv HVDC transmission line is recently charged from Biswanath Chariali to Agra ( North East) first ever in India. However in AC transmission system it is 765KV generally both are erected and charged by PGCIL officials. I hope I have answered.
  • vamsi kancharla
    vamsi kancharla
    KARAD123
    What is the highest transmission voltage in India? I didnt get any exact answer.
    AC- transmision line --1200KV comissioned 6 moths back
    traditional ac lines will be in the range of 132KV,220KV,765KV
    132KV lines are majorly laid by the state governaments
    220KV by power grid used to connect load centres from generation points
    765Kv-1200Kv for high power transmission
    DC-line--800v, for power transmission between load dispatch centres but not to load points
    25KV single phase for railway lines
  • J4ever
    J4ever
    vamsi kancharla
    AC- transmision line --1200KV comissioned 6 moths back
    traditional ac lines will be in the range of 132KV,220KV,765KV
    132KV lines are majorly laid by the state governaments
    220KV by power grid used to connect load centres from generation points
    765Kv-1200Kv for high power transmission
    DC-line--800v, for power transmission between load dispatch centres but not to load points
    25KV single phase for railway lines
    1200kV testing substation is at Bina In Madhyapradhesh not for transmission.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Anna's Revolution for Lokpal . Jawaharlal nehru proposed it in 1947 for a lokpal its pending since then !!! Blaming only the UPA is not right it has not come...
InCTF 12 is a National Festival organized by Amrita Universirty, Kollam. InCTF '12 captures the Flag India's only Ethical Hacking contest which is likely to get started within this week....
DRINK WATER ON EMPTY STOMACH It is popular in Japan today to drink water immediately after waking up every morning. Furthermore, scientific tests have proven its value. We publish below...
I have searched for many and all i have got is fraud websites. Can anyone help me.👎
Three gods A, B, and C are called, in some order, Zephyr, Eurus, and Aeolus. The gods always speak truly. Your task is to determine the identities of A, B,...