What Is The Difference B/w LCD & LED

Hello fellas, I think this question is something that everyone wants to know an answer to - What Is The Basic Difference B/w LCD & LED??

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Main advantage : VIEW ANGLE, In LCD the picture quality is decreased when viewed off-axis. While in LED, View-angle don't really matters.
    But Plasma beats both of 'em.

Most LEDs are LCDs with LED backlights instead of CCFL.
    The legit LEDs are said to be Organic LEDs i.e. OLEDs
    PS : Viewing angle doesn't depends on backlight.
  • pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    also because of presence of led backlights, LED takes less power to produce the same brightness as that of the LCD.

because of this design considerations LEDs are very expensive.

nowadays, a new technology has evolved that produces LED LCD that is an intermediate unit between LCDs and LEDs. this technology offers the advantages of LEDs in LCDs at an affordable prices. Such screens are usually implemented in smartphone and laptops..
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    the name themselves say, LCD = Liquid Crystals.
    LED = Light Emitting Diode.
  • lal
    lal
    Another LED advantage. LED displays have super huge contrast ratio when comapred to LCD. That is black looks black.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    check this out, A video comparison between LCD vs LED
  • Scorpion007
    Scorpion007
    The main difference between LED and LCD is light source using in them. In LCD light source is CCFL(Cold carbon fluorescent lamp) and in LED light source are light emitting diodes consuming less power then CCFL.
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    they highly confuse and mislead a customer, once i wanted to buy a LCD gadget, the vendor said that, LCDs require refurnish and change of LCD screens every some or so. Which is false in my opinion. LED and LCDs are almost similar, but yes the light sources are different.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey fellawzz......What is meant by Windows Xp for "64 " and '32' bit ?? what does 64 bit and 32 bit stands for ???
why does current carrying conductor produces magnetic field?
Even though I may not have sufficient knowledge to understand the space and astronomy, I am intrigued to ask several questions. Actually, What is the true shape of our universe?...
hello friends i want to give paper presentation on new innvoative topics of todays eee world(renewable or other topics) am good at presenting...so please suggest me or give me the...
I have done Mechanical Engineering working as design engineer(Modelling and Detailing) in service company.Now i planned to move towards SAP MM.Because the job what i am doing now is the...