What is the accuracy of Carbon 14 Dating system?

As we know that we use Carbon Dating system to find out age of old/ancient thing.But I don't know what is its accuracy because I read some disputes regarding carbon dating system.

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    A man has to live the half life period of C14 to verify it's accuracy
  • Scorpion007
    Scorpion007
    Conqueror
    A man has to live the half life period of C14 to verify it's accuracy
    sorry i m not getting ur point
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Scorpion007
    sorry i m not getting ur point
    To avoid all these confusion a man must live more than the half life period that is for 5500+ years to verify it's accuracy friend.
  • Scorpion007
    Scorpion007
    Conqueror
    To avoid all these confusion a man must live more than the half life period that is for 5500+ years to verify it's accuracy friend.
    ok it means we cant make bet on its accuracy
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    True I will say right now we are not 100% sure with so many critics But we believe it as an universal truth that makes it popularly accepted.
    #-Link-Snipped-# Sir any link which remove these confusions
    Scorpion007
    ok it means we cant make bet on its accuracy
  • Scorpion007
    Scorpion007
    Conqueror
    True I will say right now we are not 100% sure with so many critics But we believe it as an universal truth that makes it popularly accepted.
    ok thank you
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Conqueror
    I try to avoid getting into potential controversies with religious overtones. Unfortunately C14 dating raises the hackles of many Christian sects, who fill the net with 'facts' that seem to belie the accuracy of C14 dating.
    In my opinion this is quite an accurate method for dating objects with an organic content. The problem arises with the C14 levels at start. Modern protocols minimize various errors including random contamination. I t is now taken that when properly done in a good laboratory the results are accurate to 1%.

The internet is full of contradictory and often violent views. It is best to make an objective evaluation based on controlled studies reported in reputed journals.

Here is a list of articles:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Scorpion007
    Scorpion007
    bioramani
    I try to avoid getting into potential controversies with religious overtones. Unfortunately C14 dating raises the hackles of many Christian sects, who fill the net with 'facts' that seem to belie the accuracy of C14 dating.
    In my opinion this is quite an accurate method for dating objects with an organic content. The problem arises with the C14 levels at start. Modern protocols minimize various errors including random contamination. I t is now taken that when properly done in a good laboratory the results are accurate to 1%.

The internet is full of contradictory and often violent views. It is best to make an objective evaluation based on controlled studies reported in reputed journals.

Here is a list of articles:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    thanks sir

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Looks like India's stepping up its game for the electronics manufacturers and importers. Starting April 2013, all the electronic gadgets and devices will have to comply with the BIS standards...
Samsung's launched a vague trailer promising 'something new' at the CES 2013. The official dates for the event are January 8-11. It's impossible to make any guesses by looking at...
i've a project to do in OS. the readers writers problem using semaphores and monitors. if anyone has the code in c then please upload....
You might have stumbled upon the news that TED administration has cancelled the TEDx Chennai license. The event was found to be violating several TEDx conference rules including number of...
hello sirs and madams ; i hope that all will be fine and enjoying good life i have paticipated in robowar competetion in line follower robot but donot what to...