What is system file?

What is a system file?? Is it possible to delete a system file? And how can change any file to system file?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    System file "can" be deleted, but "shouldn't".
    arjun srivastav
    how can change any file to system file ?
    change pointer using cd in command prompt (run as administrator)
    use command attrib +s "filename" to turn it into system file.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm guessing we're talking about the Windows Operating System here. As a rule of thumb, you can just delete any file on the Operating System provided you've sufficient administrative rights on the machine you're hacking. The same goes with all other operating systems.
  • pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar
    required for running windows or programs installed
  • pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar
    for more info please GOOGLE
  • manishks
    manishks
    A system file is a file needed to run an operatring system. They reside on main memory as they are frequently used by OS. Any attempt to use these files by a user program results in fatal error. In windows they have '.sys' extension.
    kernel is needed to access these files. And since only operating system can use kernel, hence a user has no access to these system files.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

it is a thermodynamic closed system process.in cor not cycle this is present.
my self anjali zendre. completed mech. engg. and i am preparing for IES exam.
people say that if u want u can do any thing u can challenge the world....i want to know how?
i know that Carnot cycle has four process two isothermal and two adiabatic...but how we exactly defined Carnot cycle?
genetic engg. tells about making new modified gens which made by adding and cutting of chromosomes...so is it possible to add plant and animal gene so that if it is...