What is 'SAP' and How To Get Into ERP Field?

What is SAP ERP Software? what courses i need to do.......... to get into sap field?

Replies

• Leo
    Leo
    Re: What is "SAP".....................?

Hi Techy no person with prior knowledge of SAP can tell you what more SAP is than a ERP software. Many institutes today offer SAP certification since after that you get paid only higher salaries but beware there might be catch. As an International SAP certification Lithan Genovate is Asia's partner and also takes courses in India for more information visit following link,
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    SAP is a company and they make ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software. Let me give you the basic idea of what ERP software is. Imagine a large business that has multiple units and many internal small sections that need to work in perfect sync to make things happen. ERP software will handle all these aspects and manage data flow between various sections. That is a software that will handle all the functions necessary to run the business!

In order to get into ERP, your best bet is to opt for a course and then look for relevant placements. If you're already employed, you might have to look for opportunities inside your company to work on ERP and gain some experience.

I'm moving this thread to Jobs/Careers section.
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    nice explanation biggie!
  • makru921
    makru921
    Hi Techyguy, Biggie's explanation is spot on-it provides the answer in a nutshell😀 I'm working as an ERP Systems Analyst, currently handling 3 modules of an ERP called JD Edwards (now part of Oracle). I had in fact started off my career as a network administrator in the IT department of my company, and then slowly started to learn more about the ERP structure, business processes and so on. And soon, i got an opportunity to with work with the ERP team on a project, which in fact impressed them, and got me my current job😀

So without having any real background in ERP systems, but with some experience i entered into the field. The most popular ERP is of course SAP, there are many courses offered in it. I believe it is quite essential to have a good background in databases, structure and relationships, to really understand ERPs. So if you really are interested, then go ahead. You can get in touch with me if you need more info😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Makru: Nice post 😀 Very informative.
  • chirag_kotadia
    chirag_kotadia
    SAP stands for system, application, products
    Its a company...
  • Suneet Chaudhary
    Suneet Chaudhary
    ERP is an enormous concept.
    It has many sub concepts (called modules).
    It also takes shape of the Business which itself is a varied and subjective in nature.
    And any Business Application is a part of ERP System in concept.
    A company may have its ERP System from multiple vendors customized to integrate with one another.
    And usually, a professional is expected to have his expertise in 1 or 2 modules.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Micromax is India's largest mobile maker and has introduced a popular phone model in the market. The Micromax x1i. This sleep looking phone is power packed with features and has...
Following video gives a detailed review of Micromax Bling Q55 [video=youtube;GQuFPwlwKr4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQuFPwlwKr4&feature=player_embedded[/video] Specifications overview: Dual GSM-Dual-Band Full QWERTY Keypad Multi Format Music Player (MP3 / AMR / MIDI / WAV) Facebook...
Micromax has recently launched a new handset in the market, x505. The handset is power packed with loads of features and has detachable back-lid. Phone Specifications: Micromax has recently launched...
Just for sharing, This is my final project Automatic PCB drill Features : 1. Manual PCB design 2. Automatic PCB design (from other software, *bmp ) 3. 17x13 cm PCB...
Hagai Bar-El is one of the top security professional (and reseacher) out in world media has put forward and amazing whistle blower via this article. A must read for all...