What is Recession?

I want to know what recession really mean. I understand that it affects the economy which results in unemployment. We faced IT recession right? Is it possible in other fields too?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    the recessive period is one in which the value of money falls due to familiarty or over feeding any economy with monetary ip in any form that can pull down the economy itself

here there is another portrayal also it is a period where there is surplus money but the value of it is very minimum when compared to non recessive periods
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm no economic expert. But I've always believed that recession is a collective 'fear' that people have. First we hear there's a recession in the market and then we start saving. When we spend lesser, the prices of the goods fall down; which results into more people believing that there indeed is a recession and the overall money supply in the market is lesser. That leads to the cascading effect. The corporations use recession as a mechanism to get rid of the overheads in the name of cost cutting.

But we humans can't just store money for long times. When a few months are passed, we tend to get into the markets and start buying; and then the economy gets back on track.

Recession, I believe is just a state of mind of larger number of people all over the world.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    in reality it is a cycle driven as rightly said by the big k as fear

but the fall in value of money is not only due to less spending but also due to excessive spending
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    jeffrey samuel
    in reality it is a cycle driven as rightly said by the big k as fear
    but the fall in value of money is not only due to less spending but also due to excessive spending
    Well, as I said;I'm no expert on Economy. I might be totally wrong. But I witnessed how the fear spread in 2008 and that lead to massive panic overall. It'd be interesting to know thoughts from people who're from the finance domain.
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    jeffrey samuel
    the recessive period is one in which the value of money falls due to familiarty or over feeding any economy with monetary ip in any form that can pull down the economy itself

here there is another portrayal also it is a period where there is surplus money but the value of it is very minimum when compared to non recessive periods
    But the in the IT recession, what was the value that became minimum? Is it like related to demand and supply of goods?
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    The_Big_K
    I'm no economic expert. But I've always believed that recession is a collective 'fear' that people have. First we hear there's a recession in the market and then we start saving. When we spend lesser, the prices of the goods fall down; which results into more people believing that there indeed is a recession and the overall money supply in the market is lesser. That leads to the cascading effect. The corporations use recession as a mechanism to get rid of the overheads in the name of cost cutting.

But we humans can't just store money for long times. When a few months are passed, we tend to get into the markets and start buying; and then the economy gets back on track.

Recession, I believe is just a state of mind of larger number of people all over the world.
    Yes the fear! That is what I was searching for. Because one of my dad's friend started saying it is a recession period now and was happy to know that I had joined as soon as my college got over. So if that is the case, then all the areas would get affected right?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    anuraadha
    But the in the IT recession, what was the value that became minimum? Is it like related to demand and supply of goods?
    exactly a time where there is surplus production and very few markets to absorb the products produced
  • rk rao
    rk rao
    indian CHEAP LABORS, the so called software engineers will sit on BENCH

and management will say to brush up your skills.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    rk rao
    indian CHEAP LABORS, the so called software engineers will sit on BENCH

and management will say to brush up your skills.
    i find this abusive it is not really as in your post
  • rk rao
    rk rao
    jeffrey samuel
    i find this abusive it is not really as in your post

it is a SARCASM

don't worry

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here is a list of project ideas based on Artificial Intelligence (AI). Students belonging to third year or final year can use these projects as mini-projects as well as mega-projects....
"Robogyan 2k12" is a technical fest organized by JNTUA College of Engineering, Andhra Pradesh on 14th & 15th September 2012. There is a National Level Robotics Workshop on EyeBotics. Special...
All the best, folks! I am Vinay - an IT engineer and a new member of CrazyEngineers community.
Hai i am pursuing my final btech. I want to do a project on cloud computing. But I hardly knows it. please provide me basic details regarding "cloud computing" such...
is it possible for a light material to float in mid air if it both rotates and has a constant velocity (terminal velocity) of the material design