What is Liquid Electricity? - A great seminar topic for engineers.

From what I understand, Liquid Electricity isn't real (yet). As a part of silent films, it was used to showcase a liquid substance that's generally glowing and stored in bottles. In some films, it was shown that the 'liquid electricity' is used to provide energy and super-speed when used as a fuel for automobiles, aircraft, and machines of all sorts.
In 1987's movie Spaceballs, a similar substance called "Liquid Schwartz" is used to power a spaceship in the same manner as liquid electricity.

Even if the term is derived from science-fiction, possibly is that going to become a real thing?

Well, that said, quite interestingly a lot of engineers are google liquid electricity as a topic of their seminar in colleges. That led me to think that it might've become a real thing.. meaning research on it must be progressing.

I googled up to find the available information on the topic, and came up with the following resources.

Liquid Electricity as fuel for automobiles of the future:

Every car's battery needs to be recharged. What recharging does is to change the state of the electrolyte fluid in the batteries. Innovation Network in Utrecht, a Dutch government research organisation, has come up with a solution. They suggest pumping the spent electrolyte out and pump in freshly charged electrolyte — literally, liquid electricity.

A paper by Saurabh Gupta on Liquid Electricity
#-Link-Snipped-#

Cambridge Crude—The Liquid Fuel in a New Battery Architecture
PDF

^ That's the only concrete work I could find on the topic.

Would like to know the opinions of CEans on Liquid Electricity. What is Liquid Electricity? Where is it headed? Can it ever be a real thing? What needs to be worked upon?

Please respond below.

Replies

• showstealer
    showstealer
    Great post! !! I appericiate your work ma'am . Surely a great topic to be worked upon . But It is really disheartening to see that there is no reply on this topic yet.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hmm. We might have to tag people who could be keen on discussing this concept.
  • Poonam Chaskar
    Poonam Chaskar
    hello mam, I like this topic & I would like to knw more about liquid electricity
  • Chand Mondal
    Chand Mondal
    interesting ......
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Ankita Katdare
    Can it ever be a real thing? What needs to be worked upon?
    May be something is already on.
    Quote:
    Aston Martin will debut its most powerful vehicle yet. Bugatti will display the final installation of the legendary Veyron. Not to be overshadowed by #-Link-Snipped-#, Lamborghini will reveal upgrades to the Aventador. Mercedes delivers a lime-green mini monster truck. Audi will announce the R8 e-tron, an all-electric sports car with better specs than a Tesla Model S. Even so, perhaps none of these are as significant as the nanoFlowcell Quant F. The company released the Quant E at Geneva last year, and returns in 2015 with the improved Quant F.

Flow Battery Technology
    As the name suggests, the Quant F is powered by flow battery technology. Flow batteries are a NASA spin-off that have existed for decades, but have always had trouble obtaining a comparable energy density to Lithium-ion batteries.
    Endquote

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    There has been several references to liquid electricity as a fictional substance that powers up things.

In the 1987 movie called 'Spaceballs', something called the "Liquid Schwartz" was used to power a spaceship. See the video here:

• VIJAY.G AMAR
    VIJAY.G AMAR
    Hello sir I like to take seminar about liquid electricity i know something about it but i need some help to give my presentation about liquid electricity
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    A whole lot of research publications on Flow Battery Technology here:
    Google Scholar
  • VIJAY.G AMAR
    VIJAY.G AMAR
    A.V.Ramani
    A whole lot of research publications on Flow Battery Technology here:
    Google Scholar
    Sir what is the relation between flow battery technology and liquid electricity
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Flow Battery Technology is 'liquid electricity' in lay man's parlance.
  • raghasudha
    raghasudha
    can somebody explain what is meant by liquid electricity.....??

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : ABSTRACT Web GIS is an advanced technology to manage and display all geographical location on earth surface. This paper deals with capital investment of govt...
Project Abstract / Summary : Mobile phone security has become an important aspect of security issues in wireless multimedia communications. In this project, we focus on security issues related to...
With the Mobile World Congress just around the corner, smartphone manufacturers have begun to stir up the excitement by announcing their new offerings. LG Electronics has begun the proceedings by...
Project Abstract / Summary : The terrain hiker spy bot is an hybrid robot which is advanced by multiple purposes to enhancing the effort-able jobs.The word 'terrain' means that floor,hiker...
Project Abstract / Summary : Existing social networking services recommend friends to users based on their social graphs, which may not be the most appropriate to reflect a user’s preferences...