What is IT-IS and production services ?

Some of freshers who have just completed training at TCS and L&T Infotech were given IT-IS or production services field.
They were from ECE discipline.
Any idea what these fields are ? (Till now i had heard about development,maintenance,testing in IT).
Are they (IT-IS,Production services) having opportunities for bright career.
Note,Though these trainees are BE/B tech ,instead of giving development domain they are given these domains.So how you can compare IT-IS or production services with development.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's IT Infrastructure Services. You can find out more details here - #-Link-Snipped-#
  • grsalvi
    grsalvi
    And please LTI's production services.I am much concerned about it.Definitely not Development as i asked a trainee (but she does not know what it is )

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Micromax has been one of the top news makers in the mobile computing domain in India. The company rose to fame a few years ago through launch of their budget...
Good day everyone! I am an electronics student and having a problem regarding DSP. our professor gives us a task to make a project that will be helpful to community/people....
hi i am a Biomedical Engineering third year collage student.I have a final project to build ECG machine. Ijust designed a basic ECG machine project. However the professor needs something...
Let us discuss if the smartphones have the basic input/output system aka BIOS.
The late 80s and early 90s saw a huge revolution in India called 'Indian IT' - a lot of companies started during that era rose to unimagined heights and became...