What is IPv6?

can anyone give me a brief description about IPv6

Replies

• kidiee4u
    kidiee4u
    vishalhak
    can anyone give me a brief description about IPv6

Internet Protocol version 6

Intenet Protocol is used in the Internet Layer of the TCP/IP protocol.IPv6 is the latest version of internet protocol which uses 128 bit address older one IPv4 is using 32 bit address.
  • maheshvshet
    maheshvshet
    Hey,

The IPV6 has come into existance due to the scarsity of the IP addresses. The IPV4 provided at max 2 power of 32 addresses and due to unlimited growth of internet IPV6 was necessary. However it takes time for complete IPV6 era as almost all the protocols (networking - IP ) in existance are written for IPV4 and migration is a pain. Meanwhile the Private IP concept with NAT (Network address translation) has temporarily reduced the need for IPV6.

Regards
    Mahesh V.Shet😁
  • babloo0311
    babloo0311
  • sirmvit
    sirmvit
    its new 128 bit internet protocol but we are using ip4 coz its support for all the type machine
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    For info about every type of protocols and their versions and all, take a look here:

#-Link-Snipped-#

It's a good site.
  • saurabh
    saurabh
    I will suggest u to refer the book "TCP/IP Suite- By Behrouz A Forouzan"
    There u can comparitively study IPv4 n IPv6......

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sir im a 3rd year student of elecronics & communication engineering , what is the procedure for applying for summer internship in reputed companies like TI etc. what is the...
Dear All, I am an electrical engineer by profession. Proud to be to solve the problems to the extent I can help. cheers 😁
I would like to know that which is anti-corrosive element in mild steel. What i can do to prevent mild steel from rust (corrosion) in mainly monsoon season ?
I can't take this any longer. 1200 civilians killed. 400 of them children. They are even using them as a testing ground for experimental weapons. This is massacre!!! You don't...
hey...!! in the given circuit...i cant figure out the function of transistor...!! ie. is it acting as a switch or an amplifier...?? Its a BJt pnp transistor...!! If it is...