What is "In Home" Communication?

what is in home communication,................
when i searched i got that in home communication is the communications between different electronics devices in home,. but i didn't get the idea. what is the use of in home communication where is this system used and for what purpose?? also these in home communications are done using optical fibers................

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    maya2012
    what is in home communication,................
    when i searched i got that in home communication is the communications between different electronics devices in home,. but i didn't get the idea. what is the use of in home communication where is this system used and for what purpose?? also these in home communications are done using optical fibers................
    Basically it is used to make Home fully Automatic. And One more advantage is that if every node in home is communication with some central system then you can monitor the energy consumption by each node and you can also record all data to match it with your monthly electricity bill.
  • maya2012
    maya2012
    godfather
    Basically it is used to make Home fully Automatic. And One more advantage is that if every node in home is communication with some central system then you can monitor the energy consumption by each node and you can also record all data to match it with your monthly electricity bill.
    how do we do this ??
    i mean are all the appliances are connected with a common type of cable??
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    maya2012
    how do we do this ??
    i mean are all the appliances are connected with a common type of cable??
    It can be connected via Bluetooth or any other wireless RF Protocol.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    maya2012
    what is the use of in home communication where is this system used and for what purpose?.
    I think examples can help you understand 'the use'.

Your electronics devices, say music player or furnace can send an alert message when it needs cleaning, or a refrigerator can send a SMS or beep loudly when it needs service.
    Rooms can become more "intelligent" and can send signals to the controller when someone enters. If no one is supposed to be home and the alarm system is set, the system could call the owner, or the neighbors, or an emergency number.
    So, basically it means the devices in your house can communicate with each other and with you and keep you alert all the time.
  • maya2012
    maya2012
    AbraKaDabra
    I think examples can help you understand 'the use'.

Your electronics devices, say music player or furnace can send an alert message when it needs cleaning, or a refrigerator can send a SMS or beep loudly when it needs service.
    Rooms can become more "intelligent" and can send signals to the controller when someone enters. If no one is supposed to be home and the alarm system is set, the system could call the owner, or the neighbors, or an emergency number.
    So, basically it means the devices in your house can communicate with each other and with you and keep you alert all the time.
    thanks now i know what its for........thanks everyone............

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

my name is saif siddiqui and i will complete my btech in 2013 from a low grade engineering college, college is not going to arrange any campus so its my...
I am crazy about engineering, fun loving guy. Overall I am a genuine Mechie(no offense to any other branch).
can anyone tell me that which website i can download mechanical engineering books in pdf format.........
Dear All, I have Lighting Transformer for all Lighting Load(e.g Tube Light). If I reduce the O/p voltage by changing taps(from 230V to 200V), what will be the effect on...
could someone tell me the composition of h2-hc gas.