What Is Graphene ? (Share The Knowledge)

Recently, A CEan asked about Graphene, & unfortunately after searching in the forum I didn't found any thread which can answer his query.

So, this thread is dedicated to the "Graphene".
There are so many blogs, discussions out there in the internet world that we can easily gather the bunch of collection all together in one place here about Graphene & educate ourselves.

So CEans gather up, participate in this small event-like Question-fest & let's share the knowledge.

Please, do not copy-paste the content (I mean no ditto word-to-word copying)
Read few threads, learn something new about Graphene, Share it whatever you understood in your own words.Are you ready CEans ?

Question list :
- What is Graphene ? And, Why is it used in the Electronics ?
- What makes Graphene so hot shit in Electronics sector ?
- What are the other domains where Graphenes can be used ?
- Graphene batteries & supercapacitors will help us to obtain extended battery life ?

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I am the one asked about graphene.Thanks for posting a discussion.I made a quick survey and here are my answers.

1)graphene is an allotrope of carbon family having a hexagonal pattern and honeycomb lattice.
    2)It was mainly used on electronics as the eorking temperature may be reduced by 26% as it has high heat dissipating capacity.(extends working life of electronic goods)
    3)applications:
    #-Link-Snipped-# electronics
    #-Link-Snipped-# electronics
    @computers
    @LED
    @radio
    4) In lithium ion battery ribbons of graphene that used as carbon nanotubes.

Major role to be played by graphene in Automobile/Aeronautical industry:Compared to steel graphene is 6times lighter,5times lower density,2times harder ,10 times tensiler,13 times bending rigidity.

The future of body works is here......
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Graphene is a hydrocarbon of marvellous potential I would say it's hexagonal nature always is a marvel Just like it's counterpart Benzene

This graphene has better Conductivity than other semiconductors that is an added advantage when we design a graphene device
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    - Graphene, Strongest material ever tested : 200 times greater than steel.

- Graphene added to the epoxy material results in stronger components, thus with low weight & high strength property it can be used in Windmills & Aircraft components.

- OLED uses Indium electrodes, replacing Indium electrodes with Graphene gives the same property but with reduced cost & less power consumption.

- The drawback of hydrogen fueled cars is that the tank required huge tank to store the H2 gas. The graphene layers has been developed which can bind more amount of hydrogen on graphene surface of the storage tank. Thus, the hope of hydrogen fueled car's drawback is possible to eradictae in the near future.

(Going Back To Read More)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello..what microwave equipment is good to research with..?? I hope you can help me again..thank you CE..
1)To create a car with high / maX power? 2)To create a car with high / maX torque? (Please dont say both I will give two road conditions . please...
LG Electronics has launched in the Indian market a new smartphone called the LG Optimus G Pro - the Android 4.1.2 aka Jelly Bean OS running phablet with a 5.5-inch...
Since last few years Auto-makers are in aggressive assault to the Indian auto market. Every month we see few new releases for the cars.Premium MPV has an important role in...
While stumbling at FF I stumbled upon an interesting website and thought of sharing with you all. What do you think does this make any sense??? https://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla -CB