What is dc component for digital signals?

I read that when voltage level is constant for a while,spectrum creates very low frequencies.How are voltage levels related to frequency?

Replies

• pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    in what context are you asking this question...
    Could you give me some more detail?
  • Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# Is this question in the right section?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Vishal0203
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# Is this question in the right section?
    Moved to Electrical. 👍
  • pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    "voltage level is constant for a while,spectrum creates very low frequencies"

Although it may look that voltage has reached a steady state, it is never the case. In fact any practical dc voltage will always have some ac component (such as electronic noise etc.). The frequency of these noise components appears in the spectrum of a dc voltage signal.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    isha123
    I read that when voltage level is constant for a while,spectrum creates very low frequencies.How are voltage levels related to frequency?

Actually Voltage is defined as Rate of change of Electric Field variation in a Medium.

So when a signal has a constant Voltage Value, then you should know there is no significant variation in Electric field as well(Integral of Voltage is Electric field).

With this idea adding to the fact that most signals are EM in nature results in generating very low frequency signals.

P.S: DC Component of a signal is different from the above mentioned answer. Be more specific in your question next time.

Have fun
  • isha123
    isha123
    #-Link-Snipped-# thankyou so much
  • isha123
    isha123
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# I actually came across this while reading digital data transmission in computer networks.
  • Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    isha123
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# I actually came across this while reading digital data transmission in computer networks.
    I don't see that in the question.
    Anyway, as samuel said, be more specific next time!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How do you like the idea of having tiny robotic fish, of the width smaller than hair, deliver drugs inside your body? Well, as bizarre as it may sound, this...
Hi sir, I am a 2015 pass out B.Tech fresher looking for a job. but most of the small scale companies asked for certification and if i apply for any...
Heartiest congratulations to CEan @Ankita Katdare on passing the Japanese advance level N2 exam! The N2 level is quite difficult to crack and requires lot of preparation. Ankita - tell...
i m in the final year of my b.tech program and i have made a project on online blog system using asp.net .what are the possible interview questions that can...
Hello Engineers, Can you share some information about fluid mechanics? What is role in Engineering ? something more and more. I hope for positive response 😀 Thanks in Advance, Ankush...