What is Cyber Forensics?

What is Cyber Forensics?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    This is an interesting topic! If you've seen the medical forensic science shows on TV, you'd know that the Cyber Forensics is something similar; but related to crimes in the digital world. It mostly is about finding legal evidences in the digital media. Most often deals with discovering, identifying, analysing and recovering digital information.

For example, if a hacker cracks online bank accounts and steals money, the cyber forensics guys would play a crucial role in discovering the exact crack that was used and help in tracking the cracker.
  • Aadit Kapoor
    Aadit Kapoor
    Is it a part of CS?
  • Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    Aadit Kapoor
    Is it a part of CS?
    how about using "google" once in a while?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Aadit Kapoor
    Is it a part of CS?
    If you are talking about curriculum, then I don't know. You'll have to check whether your University includes it as a part of CS. But all I can with confidence is that the basics of all of cyber forensics lie in strong CS foundation.
  • Aadit Kapoor
    Aadit Kapoor
    I go to School not a University😀
  • Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    Aadit Kapoor
    I go to School not a University😀
    okay
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    CS is everything when it comes to the word 'Cyber'.

Things you need to know to become a Cyber Forensics Professional.

1. Analytics - The root of solving any crime.
    2. Operating Systems - Boot sequences, Process handling, Resource allocations et al.
    3. File systems - how and where digital data is structured, stored, and accessed.
    4. Hardware Or storage media
    5. Knowledge of Laws. (Indian and international)
    6. Security Systems.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

With the news of massive private data leaks hitting the headlines each month, the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL) has come up with a protocol to help users...
I have accidentally deleted (Shift+Del) my Snaps folder which had my memories right from the childhood. Could anyone suggest the best free recovery or uneraser software tools to recover my...
Check these spelling mistakes. These are very funny. https://worldobserveronline.com/2013...ds=10154160157760063&fb_action_types=og.likes
why electronics equipments like servo drive, encoders or safety relays are getting damage ,when power comes or gone,please make me know what will be solution for this problem.
WHY ELECTRONICS ITEM FAILS LIKE AS DRIVE,ENCODER PILZ SAFETY RELAY,WHEN INCOMING POWER COMES OR GONE