What is brain fingerprinting and what are its applications?

what is brain fingerprinting? what are its applications?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's a technique used in forensic sciences to determine whether the specific information is stored in subject's brain. The technique involves measuring the brainwave response to specific questions asked, words, pictures shown etc.

Human brain emits an electrical signal called P300 after it's activated a stimulus. the process takes about 300 milliseconds and this response when measured can give you an insight whether the brain stores information relevant to the stimulus applied.

PS: I'm moving the thread to biotech engineering section.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    It's a technique used in forensic sciences to determine whether the specific information is stored in subject's brain.
    The legal validity of this is not yet clear. The brain is supposed to process known things like crimes committed differently from the unknown info. The technique is supposed to differentiate using EEG response to trigger questions.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am student of b.tech final year with stream computer science.i want to make a project on android.help me what are the new about andriod & how we make new...
It is the in thing to say think Out of the Box. But do we know what is the box that is confining our thinking? It may be necessary to...
Dreamliner Battery problems have thrown up interest in alternatives. Batteries are best charged at moderate currents to prevent overheating , explosion and plain poor efficiency. Capacitors on the other hand...
i got an admission in CDAC tica for the course of DIVESD if any other guys got there,u can cont. me by mail. so we can get in cont. &...
suppose if the value of MinLapDiference of the matched images is some value how to find the image is front face,side face or person wearing specs.