What is a linked server?

A linked server configuration enables SQL Server to execute commands against OLE DB data sources on remote servers. With a linked server, you can create very clean, easy–to-follow SQL statements that allow remote data to be retrieved,joined , and combined with local data. The ability to issue distributed queries and perform commands with transactions on heterogeneous sources is one of the benefits of using l inked servers.

Replies

• rahul69
    rahul69
    It is better if you add all concepts in a single thread, instead of creating multiple threads for each one. Or better yet, write a tutorial and upload to Downloads section
    😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm a candidate of final year with b.tech in cse....I hv little good knowledge in coding with java bt I hv no idea that how can I get my best...
I am about to finish my B.Tech (Computers) and have a job offer in my hand. The company didn't mention the profile at the time of campus drive. After selection...
A team of researchers at the Florida Atlantic University led by Dr. Erik Engeberg, Assistant Professor in the Department of Ocean and Mechanical Engineering has been successful in developing a...
HOW MUSH TIME MUST SPENT IN GATE STU-DING EVERY DAY FOR MECHANICAL I WANT IMPORTANT TOPICS LIST
So, there are talks all across the nation (India) about 'bans' on various things, be it food items or what you wear and what you do with your religion. While...