What information should recruiters provide to you about the job?

As many of you already know, 'Jobs' app is currently under development for our #-Link-Snipped-# . I am writing to know what specific information you would like to know from the recruiter / employer about the job? We are looking for specific information that recruiters do not provide with the job description.

Is it -

1. Salary information: this is missing from most of the job openings.
2. Typical daily activities expected from the selected candidate - many candidates don't know this
3. What else?

Tell us, it will help us make the entire system better.

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Well the key roles and responsibilities.
    I will give you an example.
    Currently we are recruiting for Automation Engineer position, the position says its Automation Engineer in some tool (say Selenium)

But what ideally he will get to work on is-?

50% Manual Testing
    Automation Testing in Java with some Page Object Model.
    In Agile Sprint basis.
    No proper automation team so we have to switch hats.

so its might not be good to give all the details but few details like - i am getting selected for automation engineer role even then i have to work on manual at some % it might be 20 to 60.. people didnt join our company because of this constraint.

so explaining roles and responsibilities in details for that specific team for that specific role will really helps a lot.

Second Thing: Salary Range, atleast if you give the min to max range depending on your current CTC that helps but i dont know how feasible this is.
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    No vague experience ranges to add to the already posted points. I have seen at places where the job notification says no of positions open : 1 and experience required 2 - 12 years..
    Now that's vague for me. Will they fill in the position with anybody? lol.. Its just a stunt to get more hits nothing else
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    This is really good feedback. Our aim is to make a VERY effective jobs system for applicants as well as the recruiters.
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    Also, if a consultancy is posting a job and the payroll will be theirs, that point should be written clearly. The nature of job as well i.e. whether its a permanent job or a C2H job. I should know this information beforehand before I even think of applying for a job and get disappointed later
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Our job sysyem will keep the agencies out. We aim to bring direct employers on board.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    One great thing to add is the Health policy that company is offering.
    THey mention that at the time of joining in a vague manner and only after reading documents we will understand few things will be covered only after certain tenure in the organization.

A real example-> A colleague of mine joined and he couldnot avail maternity for his wife.

so This kind of information is really helpful.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thank you for the suggestion. Do you think it should be a part of the job description or we should mandate the employer to point to specific page on their website that talks about policies? We'd be targeting startup companies which may not have all those in place. Typically startup companies offer very flexible work hours; but I agree that this could be something very important for some of the candidates.

Interesting feedback; I must say 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As students we have all been there, a professor whose lecture seems to go on for ages. All you can do is sit there with the straight face trying your...
Engineering is fun when you know how to get the trick done with tech. While some thought experiments spookily convince people to appreciate their beauties, application-based research highlights day to...
Facebook’s messenger chatbots are meant to simplify business making and online shopping. Various chatbots representing their respective business organizations are deployed under the messenger service to serve people’s needs, to...
If this is the status in the West, it is pathetic in India now. What’s the best way to improve the practical knowledge of engineering students?
Use of Caps lock, while using 1. Facebook chat ---- unleash the Fury 2. E mail -- preventing login since 1980 Sometimes I feel useless then I realise, I breathe...