What India really needs? - Consistency or More Development?

Think about it. We all brag/blame that India is under-Developed. Is it?

Railways:
Pros:
1. Got some working trains from age old which could probably never be found anywhere else in the world, even in scrapyards.
Cons:
1. Lacks that international aura of cleanliness and ease of travel.

Roadways:
Pros:
1. Yeah we got some roadways alright connecting between cities.
2. Even some high-terrain gets linked these days.
Cons:
1. There is no consistency / performance aspect of most of these builds are useless.
2. Contractors want to make money most of the time.
3. A pothole takes weeks or even months to get filled. But potholes should not occur in the first place if we had used better construction methods / contractors did not bribe/ruin the treasury.

Offices / Infrastructure:
Pros:
1. We have got more departments in the world probably from Panchayat to Parliament levels.
Cons:
1. There is no professionalism in these.
2. Crime and Corruption.
3. Too many formalities to get things done.
4. Technology has yet to be put to the right use.

People:
Pros:
1. We've got educated people in most places.
2. Even in rural areas, atleast people know to read.
Cons:
1. Our mannerism does not depict us as literate.
2. We don't care for our surroundings and simply blame others for everything wrong that takes place in our country.
3.We still spit on roads, and blame the sanitary issues.

So what is the real issue?

Is it because nothing is being done? Ofcourse there are small steps to be taken from our side as well:

1. Stop Spitting on roads.
2. Stop urinating in public - but yeah there aren't proper toilets because the toilets that were once there are no longer clean!!!!
3. Stop littering all over the world! - Atleast then your average 'litter'/'waste' would be more handle-able. Think about it. If everyone followed a simple way to exercise waste management effectively, how much less work would the government have?

Keep 3 or 4 classifications for waste:
1. Plastic waste
2. Food waste
3. Bio-Hazard waste.

If every home in India tried doing this for a year, I think we can have the Government create better waste management companies who can deal with and help people solve this issue. This has to be a collective effort however.

Hotels/people who just dump waste at vacant areas in the cities should be severely punished.

The Government (any Government) can run a country, but in your own house, you are the Government. If the development has to flourish, first your house have to get developed with these measures.

I'm sure you can think of more places of public interest which were once maintained well, but now neglected that needs to get cleaned up!

eg: Your bus stands, railway stations, public parks, tourist spots, rivers in the major cities which are now cluttered with waste, etc.

Let me know what you think about this. Feel free to state your points with as many examples as you please.

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    I feel that the major setback here is cleanliness. Look anywhere, there's always an issue of cleanliness involved that spoils the fact that we do have some resources at hand - even if they're not the best! So does being a cleaner country help solve about 40% of the issues faced by India? The Government can't do anything about it. You have to be clean yourself first, then tell others to be clean.

There is no point in adding a new sophisticated Bathroom to what still is a pig-slum! Even if you clean up a pig-slum, if pigs don't change their behavior, that new area will still be a pig-slum - resulting in wastage of money!!!!-
    harsh truth!
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    I've always said that major contributing factor for India getting shittier is irresponsible people. People still laugh on me when I carry the wrappers of chocolates and other things in my pocket to dispose it in dustbin. People still laugh at me when I stop at red light in early morning when there's no rush or police and many more things like that.

What we don't understand is that the identity of India is not set by government or area of land, its set by the people. We say we want to improve India but we fail to realize that improving ourselves itself will improve India. You don't need any Modi or Obama for that. You don't need to think about anyone or anything else. Just be responsible. You don't have any right of blaming anyone for anything when you yourselves have been part in the crime.
  • Anand Vardhan
    Anand Vardhan
    Our country clearly needs consistency. It IS developing (at a slow rate but that is fine) well. Its the people who need to develop. As #-Link-Snipped-# sir rightly said that even the literate people do not act as educated ones, we need to think in the right direction. Our country needs the literate ones to be cultured towards their nation.
  • Anand Vardhan
    Anand Vardhan
    ** #-Link-Snipped-# (Correction 😛)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As the world gets ready for Google I/O 2014 which starts this week, a leaked image has managed to reveal details about the newest member of the Nexus family. The...
how we track mobile location and get exact location on map?
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration agency of the United States has announced details of its Asteroid Redirect Mission. In this mission NASA hopes to capture an asteroid with help...
Ever heard of term Genetic Engineering? Genetic engineering, also called genetic modification, is the direct manipulation of an organism's genome using biotechnology. New DNA may be inserted in the host...
This thing made me loose today's debate. Addicted to this. 😁 Check it out!! https://www.whatsyourexcuse.co