What if There Was a Site Which Let Anonymous Crowdfunding of RTIs?

So I built a proof of concept app: #-Link-Snipped-#

Basically, it lets people anonymously submit RTI requests and anonymously fund it. What do you think of this idea?

Its functional, but no real money involved.

- you can sign up/login
- submit an RTI request
- fund an RTI

The app is open source and is on Github. It's released with MIT license, so you don't have to pay me anything to build a commercial product around it.

I wrote in more detail on my blog: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    Wondering how would you interface I with government system? Doesn't it requires some kind of collaboration with government. I did read through your blogpost but might have missed few details.nice idea though
  • avi2
    avi2
    No, I don't deal with Gov directly. Think of it as middle man:

XYZ Person -> RTI Man -> Online RTI -> Government

Being an RTI activist is very risky in India, its dangerous and many have lost their lives. RTI Man tries to protect the anonymity.

Attacks On Rti Activists In India
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Actually we are working on this project as one of our next products. At this point I wont be able to communicate any much info related to the same. BTW nice catch 😛
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    On second thought, do you wish to work on our team on this project? as external consultant or internal project manager ?
  • avi2
    avi2
    Nayan Goenka
    BTW nice catch 😛
    I didn't get the reference?

Nayan Goenka
    On second thought, do you wish to work on our team on this project? as external consultant or internal project manager ?
    Yes, I would be interested! can you PM me with more details and what are you expecting from me?
  • avi2
    avi2
    Any more feedback?

😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

European Space Agency (ESA) had deployed an unmanned space observatory, Gaia, in July for constructing a precise three-dimensional space catalog of about 1 billion astronomical objects, predominantly stars. For this...
If you do not find this topic suitable under Debate mastermind than you are not Crazyengineer.
As a fresher may apply to system enginner job?????????????
Hi to all the forum members, my questions for this tread are correlated to the robotics arms for wafers like the robotics arms that are in this website: www.kensingtonlabs.com 1....
Today was a momentous day for Indian smartphone market as three regional players Spice, Karbonn and Micromax unveiled their Android One smartphones. Micromax’s offering has been named as Canvas A1...