What does the binary code in CE logo signify?

The binary code 01001011 shown in CE logo has decimal equivalent 75. I am curious to know what does it signify? Does it hold special meaning?
Starting clockwise after the binary code, some other symbols I know is an analogue periodic signal, a digital signal of equal amplitude and the other one I do not know.

My curiosity is born from a moment when I was going through the logo of various companies. As per my understanding, logos normally signify the aim, mission and vision.
If someone asks me to analyse CE logo, for analogue, I would say, the forum is constantly is constantly a knowledge resource for everyone which keep itself updated with latest stuffs without fail. Uniform amplitude digital signal says, everyone in the forum has equal rights of healthy participation here. I am sorry, If I sound philosophical here. ๐Ÿ˜€

Thank you.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# , he's the one who designed that logo for us on his own. We then acquired the rights from him and adopted the logo as our official one. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Hi,
    The original idea behind the logo (when it was first designed years back on a CE thread about designing a new logo ๐Ÿ˜€) was to represent CE as a single forum for all engineering disciplines, which also spans globally for all engineers world wide.
    With this in mind, the elements around the C denotes computer science, electronics/electrical, mechanical (what you identified as digital signal is meant to be a slice from the circumference of a mechanical gear), and finally buildings for civil. Not really meant to be restricted to just the mentioned trades, but you get the idea!
    Finally, all these components are arranged around the C to represent the globe itself, which brings in the idea of an open forum.
    Finally, about the binary code, it is the letter 'K' as a tribute to the CE founder ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Though it might look as if I am biased, but I believe the CE Logo is by far the most sophisticated and good-looking logo for an online portal.

When we first started thinking of ideas, the theme revolved around establishing CE as a global community of every thing engineering. So, I even tried putting a 'globe' inside the 'C' and then having every (primary) branch's representation. Then, #-Link-Snipped-# came up with this ingenious idea of putting the binary, the wave form, the gear and the buildings in the way he put it and it just made so much sense. A cherry on the cake was that I felt like the buildings formed kind of a crown ;-).

Since he put them in a circular format, it immediately gave you an idea that they encompassed or engulfed in the letters 'C E' and the subsequent words CrazyEngineers are extending that theme. I loved the concept.

Even today when I see the CrazyEngineers stickers on cars, bikes, laptops, helmets, travel/college bags, the logo just stands out. ๐Ÿ˜€ It's an amazing feeling.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Autonomous cars are here to stay, so why not make them as responsive as humans when it comes to detecting obstacles on the road such as pedestrians? UC San Diego...
I have a 200kVA UPS with 34numbers of 12V, 100Ah batteries. What would be the maximum backup time if the load is 10%.
Many programmers use the terms 'parameters' and 'arguments' interchangeably. Consider the following function - function best_function_ever( int $param1, string $param2, bool $default = true ) In the above code, $param1,...
i am going to perform a project on pneumatics (title is pneumatic vegetable cutter )and i need a source where i can find a better abstact for it
facebook add friend option not found? i sent friend request to a person.then after some time i just checked whether that person accepted the request or not? for that i...