What do you use for payments: Credit Cards / Debit Cards / Wallets or (Still) Cash?

For sure, after the demonetization move by the government; I'm seeing sudden rise in the use of Credit and Debit cards in India. The hesitation in using debit cards or even credit cards is now fading off and people are switching over to digital modes of payments.

I'd like to know what mode of payment do you use comfortably for online purchases? Or do you still insist on opting for 'Cash on Delivery'?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Netbanking for bills, online purchases and credit card payments. Wherever possible credit card. As a last resort cash (doled out by the wife) removed with a wrench from the wallet for vegetables or small snacks.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What about others?
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What about others?
    I hate to use cash while trading. 😀
    And My mom hates my way of spending through cards. According to her "If you buy items in cash, it is sometimes natural that you would drop some of them back at store seeing the total amount seeing some of them less relevant." This is her psychology, and sometimes I like it.
    But yes, paper money is always good. You always have an eye on the transaction. Government will have eye on transaction, if implementation is done whole heartedly.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    After graduating in 2012 and getting my own bank account, I dont remember a single time I opted for COD or cash based payment for anything I purchase online. Even in retail shops, I prefer carrying & using a card. Hate the hassle of notes.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Generally I have seen that Maharashtra behaves more sensibly than other rabble rousing states. Heard about this Shivaji splurge of taxpayers' money. Does not seem right. What is the take...
Heat engine is like the heart, it breathe in and out air....like the human heart. The throttle pulls in air the same way the human nose does. Then combustion take...
LYF F1S, is the latest offering from Reliance Retail in Future One series priced at INR 10,099. The smartphone device comes with a Rs. 500 JioMoney Cashback, effectively stripping down...
Xiaomi, the Chinese consumer electronics venture has literally concentrated their sack of products with the back to back launch of high-end headphones, capturing the heat of winter festival in China....
Researchers at Imperial College, London, have found the world’s most heat resistant compound that manages to tolerate temperature as high as 4000 Kelvin. Tantalum Carbide (TaC) and Hafnium Carbide (HfC)...